Are you ready to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organization that offers an exciting career path full of opportunity? If so, Ernst & Young LLP"s (EY) US Government and Public Sector (GPS) practice is a robust and emerging area with tremendous potential for growth. Our GPS practice combines an understanding of the public sector"s diverse needs, focused on delivering improved public services, with private sector leading practices. We respond to our client"s issues by bringing together highly skilled professionals across Advisory, Assurance, Tax, and Transaction Advisory Services. This integrated approach facilitates multi-dimensional support and flexibility to craft a unique solution to meet our clients" changing needs. The opportunity
As our GPS practice continues to expand, we have openings in our Risk Transformation service line.
When you are on our GPS team, you specialize in a particular competency - Risk, Performance Improvement, or Assurance. You also have the opportunity to work across disciplines with professionals who have broad industry sector experience and deep subject-matter knowledge. In GPS, our growth strategy focuses on being account-centric, issue-based, and competency-driven. That"s what differentiates EY US GPS in the government marketplace.
As a member of our GPS team you will join a talented group of professionals, serving in key roles advising US Federal Agencies addressing issues in performance improvement, program effectiveness, audit and audit readiness, financial management, and IT advisory. The EY GPS practice focuses across disciplines with Defense and National Security, Civilian, Health, and International agencies.
Our broad portfolio of services is aimed at driving relevant, tangible results. We believe integration fosters innovation. Unprecedented challenges require support that is connected, responsive, and insightful. Are you ready to join our team and help build a better working world? Your key responsibilities
As a member of the Risk Transformation team, you will serve as a key resource in delivering quality client services on financial statement audits, attestation engagements, and IT control projects. You will conduct research as needed, assist in the testing of IT general and application controls, prepare for and potentially lead client meetings, establish relationships with client personnel at the appropriate levels, and deepen sector and client knowledge. Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Consistently deliver quality client services. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business
- Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate to new knowledge
Ideally, you"ll also have
- A bachelor's degree and approximately 2 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 1-2 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of principles of ERM and knowledge of GRC concepts. Knowledge of risk management or control frameworks (e.g. COSO, ISO, OCEG, etc.)
- An understanding of and/or implementation experience with a variety of GRC tools (i.e. GRC, Archer, BWise, Paisley etc.)
- Experience with the assessment, design and implementation of risk management and/or compliance programs including risk governance, risk appetite and risk tolerance, risk assessment, risk mitigation strategies, integration of risk management and strategic/business planning processes, and integration of risk management functions
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret-level clearance or higher
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin
What we look for
- Prior experience as a consultant or client serving professional
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIPT, CIPM, CRISC or other relevant certification desired
We are interested in motivated professionals with a natural ability to lead, solve complex problems, and work as part of a team. If you enjoy facing new challenges, challenging the status quo, and being part of a culture that encourages teaming and creative problem solving, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you"ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that"s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Build Build your legacy with us. Apply today.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.