Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Scott Safety is a well-established, leading brand in the Life Safety Industry with revenue of approximately $450 million dollars and 1100 employees with five manufacturing sites. Scott Safety specializes in respiratory protection devices including self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), gas and flame detection products and personal protective equipment (PPE). Main end use markets include Fire Services, Military and Civil Defense, Petro-Chemical Oil and Gas, Marine and general industrial markets.
This role accomplishes results directly as well as through Team Leaders and Department Managers throughout the organization. May also manage key support people of the Government business process. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge while also acting as a liaison between Scott and key government customers and Federal agencies.Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing direction to business unit on requirements of government contracts for each department.
- Responsible for management of GSA and BPA Schedules/Contracts, FAR, DFARS, TAA, COO etc. application, and modifications, etc.
- Analysis of significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate policies and business unit.
- Responsible for identification, development and implementation of contract policy and processes. Create systems to secure and maintain required contractual records and correspondence which meet federal audit requirements.
- Responsible for implementing procurement and purchasing policies and procedures, working with technical staff to ensure compliance with contract/subcontract requirements, providing audit reports, preparing internal and external reports, and performing research on specific contractual issues.
- Responsible for managing coordination and support to Business Development and operations during the bid and proposal process. Manages compliance requirements.
- Responsible for development of process, administration and negotiation of DLA and other agency order and contract requirements and proposals.
- Contribute to the development and support of the overall MCD business goals a nd revenue plan.
- Conduct training presentations as required for the needs of the business.
- Responsible for learning products and working with market product managers to market Scott Safety products on government contract vehicles.
- Follow all guidelines and policies relating to expenses, travel, and organizational structure including securing a travel authorization for any travel and ensuring that all activities are cleared through management.
- Prepares all contractual documentation necessary to submit proposals. This includes completing representations and certifications, participating in cost proposal development, completing contractual forms, and transmittal letters.
- Required: BA orBS DegreeExperience
- Required: 5 years in contract and compliance experience Additional Skills
• Experience managing GSA multiple award schedule contract for commercial products.
• Knowledge of Federally funded research contracts a plus.
• Must have experience in reviewing, interpreting and complying with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) and other state and local regulations.
• Ability to follow and apply specific rules and regulations.
• US citizenship required.Special Knowledge/Skills
Microsoft Office particularly Word and PowerPoint
Analytical Skills Strategic Thinking Presentation Skills Decision Making
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.