Healthcare Life Sciences
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We are an $18 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 52,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
At work for a healthier world.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE Healthcare Life Sciencesprovides products and services used as tools for biopharmaceutical manufacturing, drug discovery and the latest in cellular technologies, thereby enabling our customers around the world to be more productive, effective and creative. Our motivation is to create better health for more people. Through our five decades of supporting the biopharmaceutical industry and its research partners to become more productive, we are helping to reduce costs, increase access and improve quality in the healthcare system. We use our expertise and know-how in imaginative ways to work with our customers to provide what's needed today and create products and solutions to enable the medical treatments of tomorrow. We add value to our customers by:
* Providing cutting-edge research tools that give deeper insights into cell function to enable disease diagnosis and the development of treatments.
* Enabling manufacturing productivity: we provide solutions for the entire bioprocess workflow (i.e. start-to-finish bioprocessing) helping our customers to develop and manufacture biopharmaceuticals more efficiently.
* Providing high quality support and maintenance services.
We are the home of many famous brands, including Whatman, Amersham, Biacore, WAVE, Applied Precision, Xcellerex and more.
Learn More About GE Healthcare Life Sciences
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Government Contracts and Compliance Manager
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Ensure the successful review, negotiation, approval, execution, and administration of US Federal, state, and local Government and commercial contracts, purchase orders, and bids for the GEHC Life Sciences Americas business. Lead cross-functional initiatives and serve as the primary focal point for the Government contract compliance program, including process development, training, and subject matter expertise.
* Lead the review, assessment, negotiation and administration activities for complex and high-visibility Government and commercial contracts.
* Display fluency with contract terms and conditions and appreciation for GE business and legal risk tolerance levels and policies. Provide commercial and risk-based contracting expertise in support of contract approval and compliance requirements.
* Develop and execute on contract compliance plans to ensure customer contract requirements are met, communicated to, and understood by functional owners. Lead compliance meetings with cross-functional teams and generate supporting compliance reports and analysis.
* Own and drive the Government compliance plan/program via excellent program management skills and expertise.
* Ensure comprehensive preparation for Government audits (both internal and external), including pre-award audits and post-contract compliance checkpoints.
* Interface and provide contracting-related counsel to all internal functions of the business, including Account Management, Business Modalities, Controllership, Finance, Legal, and others.
* Interface as needed with the customer's contracting officers / counterparts. Negotiate directly with customers for master supply agreements, service contracts, on-off orders, and other contract vehicles as required.
* Establish operating mechanisms to communicate initiatives and drive engagement across the business.
* Lead and cultivate a culture of GE Values and integrity. Promote and ensure compliance with applicable GE company policies and procedures.
Quality Specific Goals:
* Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
* Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
* Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
* Improve Legal Commercial and Compliance processes and workflows to increase responsiveness, coverage and auditability
* Bachelor's Degree (or High School Diploma/GED)
* Minimum 3 years' experience working in a Government, Healthcare, and/or Life Sciences role
* Minimum 3 years' experience in a customer-facing contracts negotiation or contracts management role
* Experience negotiating and drafting complex multi-year commercial sales agreements.
* Knowledge and experience with negotiating, administering, and/or managing US Federal Government contracts. For example, this includes, but is not limited to, FAR, DFAR, GSA and/or Federal Supply Schedule contracts, IFF Reporting and SAM registration management.
* Willingness to travel 5%
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* JD or MBA Preferred
* Minimum of 5 years of Government contracts experience or equivalent experience in contracts
* Experience and knowledge of contracts with specific US Federal Government entities, such as DHHS/NIH, GSA, etc.
* High level working knowledge of Microsoft office products
* Understanding of channel strategy and go-to-market options
* Consulting and Change Management experience
* Solid understanding of the healthcare environment, GE Healthcare Life Science products
* Demonstrated leadership, coaching and team building skills
* Excellent ability to forge strong peer relationships
* Ability to cross-functionally lead and influence areas of the organization that are not under your direct control
* Familiarity with contracts database and reporting mechanisms (e.g. Salesforce.com, Apttus, Emptoris, Excel, Support Central Workflows, etc.).
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.