Government Relations Administrative Associate
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Washington D.C. for a Government Relations Administrative Associate. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading projects.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Skills and Experience Required:
- Proofreading and filing
- Preparation of presentation materials
- Drafting routine correspondence
- Telephone coverage
- Record and file maintenance
- Travel and meeting planning
- Expense account management
- Manage purchase orders
- Manage office operations including ordering office supplies, ensuring equipment maintenance and working with building management
- Serve as IT and audio visual contact for government relations office
- Assist in the preparation and filing of government reports including quarterly Lobbying Disclosure Act and Political Action Committee Reports
- Schedule meetings with Members of Congress and their staff as directed
- Assist with preparations of briefing materials for senior leaders
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Minimum two years Administrative experience with a corporate emphasis
- Highly proficient with computers and software such as Microsoft Office, including in particular Word, Excel and Power Point, Outlook e-mail, Internet Explorer and Firefox for internet searching, electronic filing system.
- SharePoint experience is preferred
- Excellent grammar and spelling
- Ability to take independent action to organize and prioritize numerous tasks, possess strong interpersonal, communication and administrative skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels, both within and outside the company
- Ability to act with discretion in handling confidential information
• 2- year Associate degree required but a 4- year bachelor's degree preferred Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.