Up to $7500 Bonus Available for new grad RNs! Apply today to be considered for our ER positions!
Come and join our 2018 StaRN Training Program
! We invite new graduate registered nurses to apply for a unique opportunity to be given didactic and clinical training in for our ICU units. Lewis Gale Hospital Alleghany
and Health Trust have partnered together to provide this 17 week
program that will allow new graduates to obtain specific experience through an intensive internship program. After the completion of the program you will transition to staff roles within the nursing departments of Lewis Gale Hospital Alleghanyy.
- The StaRN Program is primarily designed to provide the new RN with the tools necessary to succeed in today's hospital environment.
- The program is 10 weeks of classroom training and 7 weeks in a clinical preceptorship
- Your training will include basic EKG, ACLS, ECCO high level simulation lab and systems based lectures
LewisGale Hospital Alleghany (LGHA) is located in the beautiful mountainous region of Virginia. Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year. LGHA is ranked among the top hospitals in the nation through The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and hold the C heers Award for Medication Safety from the Institute for Safe Medication Practices. Lastly, we are recognized by The Joint Commission for pneumonia and surgical care. Additional information about our Emergency Department:
Qualifications: Required :
- 10-Bed Emergency Department
- Nurse to patient ratios based on acuity
- 15,500 patients served in 2015
- Types of patients you may see are Trauma, Cardiology, Neurology, etc.
- A supportive environment focused on teamwork and fostering educational growth
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals and fostering the mentality that patients are first above all
Licensure / Credentials:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Registered Nurse License issued by the Department of Health Professions, Commonwealth of Virginia