Up to $7500 Bonus Available for new grad RNs!
Come and join our 2018 StaRN Training Program
! We invite new graduate registered nurses to apply for a unique opportunity to be given didactic and clinical training in for our ICU units. Lewis Gale Medical Center
and Health Trust have partnered together to provide this 17 week
program that will allow new graduates to obtain specific experience through an intensive internship program. After the completion of the program you will transition to staff roles within the nursing departments of Lewis Gale Medical Center.
- The StaRN Program is primarily designed to provide the new RN with the tools necessary to succeed in today's hospital environment.
- The program is 10 weeks of classroom training and 7 weeks in a clinical preceptorship
- Your training will include basic EKG, ACLS, ECCO high level simulation lab and systems based lectures
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year. LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care. Additional Information about our Emergency Department:
Qualifications: Required :
- 26-Bed Emergency Department
- Nurse to patient ratios based on acuity (very fast pace)
- Over 50K patients were seen in our ED in 2015
- Part of LGMC Shared Governance councils
- A supportive environment focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification (bonus awarded after certifications are achieved)
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
Licensure / Credentials:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Registered Nurse License issued by the Department of Health Professions, Commonwealth of Virginia
- BLS Certification (within 60 days of being hired)