Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street, the leading provider of financial services to institutional investors, is offering an internship opportunity for Masters level students in the Financial Reporting department within the Fund Administration division for the Summer of 2017.
The intern will be responsible for performing entry level tasks within Financial Reporting and will have access to a thorough training program. Examples of job responsibilities for this internship include:
- Perform the following functions to facilitate financial statement preparation: input various data elements and comparison of financial data related to prior period financial statements, maintain security detail in financial reporting database.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial information in accordance with US GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Perform reconciliation steps of financial statement information to Fund Accounting records or other supporting documentation.
- Prepare first draft of semi-annual and annual Form N-SAR regulatory filing; research client questions using SEC filing instructions and internal procedures.
- Maintain well-documented organized work papers and client files.
- Other special projects and tasks as assigned.
State Street's Summer 2017 Internship in Kansas City, MO starts on Monday, June 5, 2017 and runs through Friday, August 11, 2017. Summer Interns work 40 hours per week.
- Working towards a M.S. degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- GPA minimum of 3.0 or better based on a 4.0 scale
- Some hands-on experience with securities processing, general ledger accounting and financial statement review is preferred but not required.
- Advanced MS Excel skills, along with the ability to learn customized technology quickly.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a deadline oriented environment with peak period workflow.
- Available 40 hours per week between June and August, 2017.
Job Opening ID
State Street Job ID: 142938
Kansas City, MO
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.