has an exciting opportunity in our Grain Marketing Division. We are looking for a Grain Merchandiser
to work extensively with customers. You must be able to work with a diverse group of people and build effective long-lasting relationships. You must be able to make decisions, work independently, and be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Perform market analysis and execute strategies for positioning, buying and selling commodities in both domestic and export markets.
- Identify and develop customer base that creates opportunities to grow business.
- Monitor macro-trends of markets, currencies and the global economy which impact prices in the short, medium and long term.
- Exchange information and ideas with other merchandisers.
- Be responsible for creating and managing budgets for one or more profit centers.
- Manage logistics, arbitrage, inventory and accounting for one or more commodities.
- Navigate through trading environments in niche and/or flat price commodities.
- Work closely with transportation providers of all modes (rail, truck, barge, container and vessel).
- Lead and develop other Merchandisers.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Business, Ag Economics, or related
- 5 plus years of experience merchandising a grain position
- Experience managing a month end profit and loss statement
- Experience in coordinating logistics
- Must be able to read a long/short
- Knowledgeable with grain trade rules