has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Grain Merchandiser
to add value for our producers/owners, customers and key stakeholders by providing an effective link to grain markets worldwide. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, and work independent of supervision.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Purchase and sell commodities using available market data, market knowledge and expertise to attain the most cost effective and therefore most profitable results.
- Develop merchandising strategies unique to regional locations and consistent with company goals.
- Help coordinate all merchandising activities with marketing decisions made in St. Paul and all other regional locations.
- Expand merchandising potential to accommodate opportunities with emphasis on increasing market share.
- Assist marketing staff with development of major positions by supplying accurate regional information.
- Maintain an awareness of business conditions and competition in the region and communicate pertinent information to respective personnel in the company.
- Maintain a sound understanding of rail and truck transportation for commodity shipment. Keep abreast of transportation rates and make the most effective decisions involving procurement and logistics.
- Secure maximum expansion of market share in designated markets and ensure growth in both volume of grain and bottom line profits.
- Support department control by completing and monthly reports.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with other operating departments to assure the company functions as a coordinated group.
- Check accounting for accuracy and follow through on contracts and settlements, making sure that they are settled in a timely manner.
- Review contract runs and take care of overfills and underfills.
- Review account sales for specific areas.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 plus years of experience in marketing grain
- Knowledge in all traded commodities
- Bachelor’s degree in Ag Business, Ag Economics, or other Business degree
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.