has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Grain Procurement Merchandiser
. You will work extensively with producers in procuring grain and managing risk. You must be able to make decisions, work independently, and be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Procure grain from local producers and conduct cold calls to generate new business to grow market share.
- Work with producers on a daily basis, updating them on market and industry trends, current grain quotes, grain programs, and create marketing plans
- Research and conduct market analysis of all commodities to support the hedging and trading decisions which maximizes profit potential while effectively managing risk of our customer base in commercial and production agriculture.
- Develop opportunities in hedging, basis trading, farmer programs, government programs and transportation planning.
- Complete daily position reports (DPR) and hedging & marketing the grain position in the absence of the Division Manager.
- Enhance the value proposition our Co-op delivers to customers by successfully executing market risk management tools and services for our patrons.
- Collaborate across the organization to exchange information. (i.e. grain merchandisers, grain buyers, the hedge desk, office staff and accounting)
- Report and type all purchasing contracts quickly and accurately.
- Utilize the brokerage software system to assist in daily accounting of trades.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Business
- 1 plus years of grain procurement or grain marketing experience to include:
- Composing market / commodity reports
- Knowledge of ag-production methods
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Series III license, required to attain Series III license within the first 3 months of employment
- Experience developing and marketing Risk Management tools
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.