We are Farmers!
Based in Caledonia, MI, this unique paid internship provides real world work experience plus the opportunity to work with Farmers leadership and learn first-hand how Farmers supports our customers and remains competitive in the insurance industry. As a part of the Farmers Internship, you will not only be working within the Business, you will also have the opportunity to work together with other interns on an exciting project, which you will present to Farmers leadership prior to the conclusion of the internship program. This is a great opportunity to leave your mark at Farmers and make a real difference within the Farmers business, plus the chance to network and build lasting relationships with students from other Universities as well as many members of the Farmers leadership team.
40-hour work week
10-12 week summer internship
$16/hourThroughout the internship and working directly with members of the Farmers Leadership team, you will get experience in and involved with the following:
• Helping with the coordination and organization of the project and people
• Researching and gathering information
• Presenting/speaking in front of groups
• Identifying areas of improvement and making recommendations for its implementation.
• Working with different business units throughout the organization
Here are a few more amenities you will enjoy while working onsite:
• Tremendous opportunity for future growth and upward mobility
• Performance is rewarded – you drive your own success - future full time opportunities may be available.
• On-site amenities including:
fitness center/shower, Walking trails in and outside, Game rooms, Learning Center, Employee Credit Union/ATM, and more
• Company Store (stamps, DVD rentals, gift cards, and more)
• State-of-the-Art Facility
• Business Casual Dress Code (including jeans)
• Community Involvement (i.e. Corporate Challenge, March of Dimes and United Way)
As an Sales Intern, you will:
- Focus primarily on uncovering new revenue opportunities with independent agencies through outbound sales calls.
- Spend time analyzing competitor and marketplace information to help with tactical planning and execution.
- Job shadow in the various Sales Support business units to gain a comprehensive understanding of the Insurance industry.
- Job shadow on a Field Sales call.
- Utilize our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to research, gather and update pertinent information about our existing and potential agency relationships.
Key competencies to be successful in the position:
- Ability to work independently
- Sales experienced preferred (but not required)
- Proficient in using a computer and the Microsoft suite of products
- Strong work ethic and initiative
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Effective time management skills
Housing Assistance Provided.