At Opower (now a part of Oracle Utilities), we're working to change the way people think about their energy use-and succeeding in helping them use less.
In this role, you'll be part of a mini creative agency combining print, web, and conceptual work to communicate with millions of people about how to save energy and lower their utility bills. We support 100 domestic and international clients with diverse needs, so, if you're up for a creative challenge, this role is for you.
You'll love it here if you...
• Believe in good ideas, executed well-you like to see a project through from the initial concept to the smallest details
• Appreciate working in a clean, modern design aesthetic
• Enjoy digital illustration work-you're flexible and have the ability to pick up styles as needed
• Thrive working on a team and have strong interpersonal communication skills
• Are great with time management and enjoy engaging with multiple projects at once
• Value best practices, well-organized files, air-tight documentation, and clean process
• Create engaging and effective designs for digital and print communications across a variety of utility client needs and brand guidelines
• Report to our creative director and collaborate with copywriters, strategists, account managers, and other graphic designers, as well as UX designers, researchers, and developers as part of a larger UX design team
• Dive deep into the world of energy efficiency to turn complex topics into strong concepts and clear content that empowers people to save more energy
• Work with our in-house printing and developer teams to deliver production-ready pieces for print and web and help ensure this quality across all team deliverables
• Bachelor's degree (BFA or BA) in graphic design or a related field
• 2 or more years of working experience
• Familiarity with commercial print production specs is considered a plus, but not mandatory
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Acrobat
Please send us a cover letter along with your resume. A portfolio is required with
application-either a link or pdf.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.