Spectrum News NY1 is available on channels 1 and 200 for Spectrum customers throughout New York City’s five boroughs. Spectrum News NY1 serves Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island and provides 24-hour local news, politics, features and weather seven days a week. The network is also available on Cablevision systems in Brooklyn and the Bronx on channel 8, on Bright House systems in Central Florida on channel 1210, in Hudson Valley (New York) on channel 1, and in North Carolina on channel 215. The 24-hour news channel shares content with its sister channels in the Spectrum News Networks family: Spectrum News channels in Albany, Hudson Valley, Syracuse, Binghamton and Buffalo, New York; in Austin and San Antonio, Texas; and in Tampa and Orlando, Florida. SUMMARY
We are currently seeking a Graphic Designer to provide design services for Spectrum Networks. As a Graphic Designer and member of our Creative Services team, you will work in a highly collaborative environment maintaining and developing creative, inspiring content to engage our Spectrum Networks audience. A strong candidate will be able to adapt well to change and will have a positive approach to problem solving.
**All candidates are required to submit a link to view a reel of their work in order to be considered**MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Update and maintain a consistent creative look on marketing materials for Spectrum Networks.
- Design on air graphics, marketing promos, web promotion, outdoor billboards, print ads, news trucks and news graphics.
- Adhere to the Spectrum Networks style guide in all co-branded materials.
- Manage general upkeep of assigned company equipment.
- Maintain efficient filing and back-up procedures for graphics materials.
- Utilize correct grammar and spelling in design projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects.
- Knowledge of VizRT, Final Cut Pro and 3D Studio Max (or similar 3D program) a plus.
- Must be able to work under daily deadline pressure while demonstrating strong design skills.
- Must have ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Must be able and willing to work an extended schedule and be flexible with schedule changes.
- Communication: excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate solutions; and able to relate well with diverse populations and age groups.
- Interpersonal: ability to interface with internal company personnel.
- Attitude: requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative and a positive approach to problem solving; must enjoy working with people.
- Must adhere to attendance guidelines.
- Must be able to work evening shift but willing to be flexible with schedule changes.
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.