Candidates must provide a link to their professional design portfolio to be considered
The LinkedIn Learning Solutions Content Team is looking for a Graphic Designer, Thumbnails who will be responsible for producing thumbnails for our instructional video courses, following a specific style-guide and process for each thumbnail. These high-profile thumbnails appear in LinkedIn s website and mobile platforms. Working under the direction of the Associate Creative Director, the Thumbnail Designer collaborates with content producers, UX team, editors and other graphics team members to create thumbnails that meet the instructional message of each course and match the aesthetic defined by LinkedIn Learning s brand guidelines.
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world s workforce in ways no other company can. We re much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works. Responsibilities:
- Work closely with graphic designers, producers, editors and content managers to design thumbnails that meet the target message for each course.
- Produce initial conceptual sketches of thumbnail designs.
- Create compelling yet simple thumbnails that adhere to the company thumbnail style-guide using Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Ensure that the LinkedIn Learning brand style-guide specs are accurately represented in all thumbnails.
- Work with in-house tracking system to track projects efficiently.
- Manage priorities and workload effectively to meet all predetermined workflow schedules and deadlines
- Meet delivery expectations for thumbnail creation on a weekly basis and update the team regularly.
- Create Learning Path thumbnails and keep corresponding style-guides updated with new information.
- Design new thumbnail styles that work within the established style-guide requirements.
- Work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced, deadline oriented, highly productivity environment.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years as a design professional
- Must have a portfolio that exhibits the simple clean core design aesthetic needed to execute the style of iconography and illustration
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or equivalent experience
- Character illustration skills, and the ability to create on-model specific illustration styles
- Proven Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills used in a production work environment
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and ability to effectively and professionally interact within a team environment
- Skilled in organizing and prioritizing of work and following assignments through to completion
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Driven to always improve skills
- Self-starter who can work independently with limited supervision
- Work well under pressure with tight deadlines, with a sense of urgency
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of personalities and work styles
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to constant change
- Life-long learner with a dedication to education
- Versed in web based design and/or UX experience
- Experience in icon/thumbnail systems
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.