Location: Redmond, Washington
Posted: February 16, 2018
Reference ID: 1083179
343 Industries is looking for a graphics engineer who loves the GPU and coding amazing tech. This engineer will become part of an award-winning graphics team and will collaborate closely with the art teams to push the visual bar to inconceivable levels on future titles.
As a graphics engineer you will be responsible for writing and maintaining the systems which the art team uses to bring their content to life in engine. The ideal candidate will have a passion in this space, love getting their hands dirty working directly with the content teams while coding incredible systems. Your work will be used to amaze and shock game players around the world. You are an out of the box thinker who really enjoys challenges, thinks the GPU is a wonderful place to run your code, and are great at finding ways to optimize without decreasing quality.
If physically based rendering, screen space reflections, GGX, compute, fast 60hz 4k graphics, get you excited, this is the right job for you.
• Own systems for cutting edge AAA experiences
• Collaborate closely with content teams on features and problem solving
• Extend next-generation systems
• Maintain existing systems
• 1 year of graphics programming experience
• Experience programming real-time graphics
• Professional experience coding in C++ and HLSL
• Graphics, mathematics, debugging, problem solving, and communication skills
• BS degree or equivalent experience
• Shipped a AAA title as an effects or graphics developer
• Familiarity with a 3rd party package: Maya, Max, Houdini, XSI, etc.
• Familiarity with modern compute-based GPU programming
• DirectX11, DirectX12, or console development experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.