If you're a software engineer who wants to have a high impact on products that are loved by millions of people, then our Visual and Parallel Computing Group (VPG) has opportunities for you. VPG delivers Intel's 3D graphics, media, display GPU, and Parallel Computing Technology. In this role you will be part of a small team responsible for delivering the macOS driver for Intel GPUs.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Develop new features that leverage advanced hardware capabilities found in Intel GPUs
- Research / implement changes related to Apple/Intel and Khronos APIs: Metal, OpenGL and OpenCL
- Driver performance analysis
- Direct engagement with Intel's customers
You must be a self-starter, and be able to work productively in situations with limited documentation and evolving requirements. In addition, you must have strong communication and teamwork skills, and be able to work productively with a variety of hardware and software specialists located across the globe.
Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with 5 years of experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field. Master's or PhD. Degree is preferred.
Candidate should have 5 years of experience should be in the following areas
- Experience with C/C programming
- Experience programming with Python or comparable scripting language
- Experience with OS X, Linux, or other Unix like operating system
- 3 years of experience with driver development
- 3 years of experience programming with a GPU API such as OpenGL, OpenCL, DirectX
- Working knowledge of GPU architecture
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.