A Super Opportunity Awaits You!
Airgas Specialty Gases, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking a Gravimetric Gas Blender - Second Shift.
• Gravimetrically blend simple and complex mixtures into high and low pressure cylinders as specified by production orders.
• Use conventional gravimetric blending methods in conjunction with liquid injections and sample cylinders to manufacture high quality mixtures to customer specification.
• Proficiently perform gravimetric calculations to account for the effects of vapor pressure, compressibility, temperature etc.
• Effectively manufacture master solutions for liquid mixtures.
• Reviews SDS for all chemicals to be used prior to handling.
• Works in a safe manner while filling and handling cylinders at all times.
• Promptly reports all safety concerns and good catches to management.
Quality Control and Maintenance:
• Ensures scale calibrations are performed quarterly and checked weekly.
• Verify minimum gravimetric add-weights are met as required by production order.
• Check all scheduled maintenance is performed on time. Including but not limited to vacuum pump oil changes, manifold integrity checks, QC N2 samples etc.
• Maintain accurate and current inventory of incoming and used raw materials.
• Ensure prefill inspections are completed as required, faulty or leaking cylinders are taken to cylinder maintenance.
• Understands and adheres to all standard operating procedures as established in the relevant Quality Manual.
• Record all fill data in log book.
• Complete file electronic back-calculation sheets.
• Works with his team as well as with cross-functional teams to continuously improve the work process.
• Maintains a clean work area as well as any other area which may be assigned.
• Takes pride in work area and cleans up at the end of each shift.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• AA or BS degree preferred.
• Strong math skills and basic understanding of unit conversions.
• Requires walking or standing to a significant degree
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to work a 2nd shift schedule.
• Willingness to work overtime as needed.
• Ability to read scales and gauges.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.