Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street is seeking a highly qualified individual to lead the Governance, Risk Management and Control (GRC) Project Management Office. The GRC Solutions PMO Director will be responsible for the development and operation of a program office to drive achievement of program objectives to refine and automate a revised operating model across Compliance, First Line of Defense and related operating groups and processes. The PMO Solutions Director will be a visible and active driver of efforts to define business and related RSA Archer solution requirements, and work with business, IT, and vendor groups to define and execute on a future state operating vision.
Responsibilities of the GRC Solutions PMO Director include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support the definition of a future state vision for Compliance, FloD, and related enterprise risk management activities relating to establishing common risk management and reporting capabilities across State Street.
- Define a strategic vision for implementing automated solutions needed for achieving target vision, enabled mainly using the RSA Archer GRC platform suite.
- Define and structure a program office providing central definition, planning, scope, priority, communication capabilities for initiatives related to building out a shared Archer GRC utility and implementing specific capabilities.
- Provide program progress and status updates to executives and related committees.
- Develop standards and tools for managing and communicating initiatives at both individual project and consolidated programs level.
- Produce materials for communicating progress and otherwise informing program governance and other stakeholders on programs and related projects.
- Develop project plans, milestones, gain stakeholder buy-in, track progress, identify potential risks and propose solutions to mitigate risks and weaknesses.
- Plan, track and manage program economics and resources.
- Facilitate, lead and directly contribute where needed the capture and synthesis of harmonized business and functional requirements for Archer GRC solutions.
- Facilitate definition of common reference data model needed to support the goals of GRC solution on the RSA Archer platform.
- Define and manage a collaborative vendor engagement model for defining needs, structuring engagements, maintaining services delivery and product quality, refining a shared vision, and maintaining a productive relationship.
- Coordinate with project delivery teams across sponsor business groups, IT, infrastructure, and vendor solutions teams to ensure business objectives are achieved with sufficient solution delivery transparency and oversight.
- This individual should have relevant work experience, and preferred qualifications listed below.
- B.S. degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting or Legal related field (advanced degree preferred).
- 12+ years of experience working as employee or consultant in the financial services industry managing significant programs and leading regulatory and systems projects.
- Experience defining and implementing enterprise GRC solution initiatives (e.g., risk management, controls testing, attestation, event capture, reporting).
- Experience implementing packaged software solutions, preferably on GRC initiatives
- RSA Archer systems implementation or usage experience preferred.
- Experience defining common reference data requirements, evaluating sources and presenting solutions.
- Experience with complex, cross organizational programs.
- Ability to drive multiple projects/work streams with a high attention to detail.
- Strong writing and presentation skills, advanced capabilities in PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; capability to successfully operate in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to build relationships with people from varied departments and levels of seniority.
- Able to evaluate and form independent judgments.
- Proven management and leadership capabilities.
Job Opening ID
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.