Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Corporate IT (CIT) organization is responsible for all facets of architecture, software development and production support of key internal systems supporting areas such as Finance, Revenue, Treasury, Human Resources, Legal, Risk, Compliance, Contact Center and End User. Within this organization, Governance, Risk & Compliance System team supports full life-cycle delivery and ongoing support of strategic technology initiatives primarily for the Enterprise Risk, Compliance & Legal business units, and secondarily for Information Security, Internal Audit and Global Sourcing.
The Technical Program Manager (TPM) will report to the Sr. Director of Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) Systems and is a multifaceted role that combines project management, delivery management, and systems analysis responsibilities. The TPM embodies strategic thinking with tactical execution focusing on well-defined technology roadmaps to enhance the customer experience, building resiliency to insure operational excellence, and promoting a rationalized technology footprint. A critical component of this role will be relationship management with internal business partners, third-party vendors, and internal delivery teams within the Technology organization. The successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills and be able to manage multiple work streams. This role has the option to have direct reports who are engineers or system analysts. This position is based in Foster City, CA.
The ideal candidate for this position will have more than 10 years of combined experience in technical product development/functional teams in a highly matrixed environment. A background working with packaged software for corporate operations (i.e. risk management, legal/document management repositories, regulatory due diligence, etcâ€¦) is highly desirable. Experience in an engineering or development role, leading complex development efforts in a fast-paced environment is critical. He/she must demonstrate a strong competency in helping to create and sustain an enterprise-wide environment that fosters accountability, quality, commitment, growth and innovation. In addition to leading multiple cross functional activities and work streams, the candidate must be experienced in successfully driving cross departmental initiatives. Visa is looking for an innovative leader, with a track record of high performance that will drive change across the GRC portfolio.
- Lead the GRC technical program management function across multiple delivery teams, to establish a technology strategy/roadmap for the Global Risk, Legal & Compliance business areas
- Drive end-user adoption of GRC platforms through ongoing interaction (formal and informal) with business community and leadership
- Foster business partnerships, develop trust with business partners and stakeholders, understand business needs, and seek to enable their business success
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex and evolving environment, to drive delivery of solutions while influencing cultural change
- Provide thought leadership and recommendations to business and technology management on best practices and experience working in a global and diverse environment
- Communicate effectively and proactively with management ideas and recommendations for optimizing business operations, resources and capacity
- Provide guidance to technology groups in their development of design artifacts and quality assurance test plans
- Responsible for GRC program and project activities including:
- Participate in requirements management inclusive of partnering with business stakeholders to obtain and understand requirements, conduct fit-gap analysis, analyze options and designs for customer experience
- Contribute to the creation of project specific Conceptual Approach (CA) that analyzes and defines potential solution architectures and provides product recommendations as/if appropriate
- Financial planning inclusive of the creation of conceptual estimates, identifying labor costs by obtaining project specific sizing estimates from various technical project stakeholders, and identifying vendor costs (e.g., pro fees, licenses costs, hardware, and maintenance)
- Release planning and management inclusive of the establishment of the governance and cadence of GRC service deployments into production environments
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- More than 10 years of relevant experience (e.g., software development/engineering delivery, development and package implementation, delivery and design)
- 4+ years of experience in a hands on software engineering role, with demonstrated success at identifying application dependencies, increasing resiliency, reducing technical debt and promoting operational excellence
- 4+ years of project/program management, with demonstrated success in influencing technology decisions
- 4+ years of experience working across application technology stacks demonstrating knowledge on components such as operating system, database, storage, etc... in particular to the implementation and support of packaged software
- Solid experience with managing vendor relationships
- Creative thinking and excellent problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of various development methodologies and their respective best practices
- High degree of business acumen and technical competency; ability to balance and bridge technology and business needs; project and program management
- Experience in reviewing technical solution design and evaluation to ensure it meets business requirements and long term product goals
- Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner and business leader, skilled at establishing formal and informal networks within the company
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.