If you love developing innovative, cutting-edge technologies that create breakthrough products, you'll want to check out this exciting Plant Growth Management opportunity at Monsanto.
Produce more. Conserve more. Improve lives. That's Monsanto's vision for a better world. Achieving this vision requires inspiration, innovation, and a passion for applying state-of-the-art technology to revolutionize agriculture.
We are seeking an exceptionally talented student with these core qualities for a paid 3-month internship in our Protected Culture Optimization Team within the Plant Breeding Trait & Product Delivery Organization. The position will be based at our greenhouse sites in and around Tucson, Arizona.
In this role, the successful candidate will conduct greenhouse trials to determine best agronomic, environmental, and plant growth regulation practices to ensure a smooth transition of breeding pipelines from field to greenhouse.
As part of our diverse, highly dynamic group, you will be exposed to exciting research challenges and will have ample opportunity to work with interdisciplinary scientists to foster career growth and development while delivering innovative solutions.
Upon completion of the program, you'll present your findings to an audience of peers and senior management. End of summer presentations are hosted at a designated Monsanto site, where students network with scientists and learn more about future career opportunities at Monsanto.
Dates for this summer internship are May 15 - August 4 of 2017. Required Skills / Experience:
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a B.S. or M.S. degree program in a scientific field, including Biology, Agronomy, Horticulture, Controlled Environment Agriculture, Soil Science, or a related field
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of plant growth management in controlled environments
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- Detail and results-orientated with the ability to work independently
- Experimental design and data analysis
- Knowledge of genetics, breeding, agriculture and/or biotechnology
- Experience working in greenhouses and/or growth chambers
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.