Alcoa Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 8,000 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Alcoa, Inc. (NYSE:AA)Utilizing a large swing grinder and/or small hand grinder will condition parts for defect removal. Grinds and smoothes surfaces of parts, prior to finishing operations by performing the following duties:
- Examines and feels surface of work piece for defects.
- Removal of defects and/or sharp edges.
- Selects grade of abrasive belt, wheel, or disk according to specifications, knowledge of abrasives, and condition of metal, and attaches to grinder.
- Starts grinder and moves it over surface of work piece to remove scratches, laminated metal, excess weld material, and burs.
- Polishes ground areas with finer abrasive to produce smooth, unmarred surface.
- Replaces worn abrasive disks, wheels, and belts.
- Maintains a safe and organized workstation and follows all company policy, safety and procedures
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.