Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) has immediate openings for Grinders to assist in the production process at our plant in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. This is an entry level position to a career in aerospace manufacturing.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 7,900 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career. Key Responsibilities:
- Utilizing a large swing grinder and/or small hand grinder will condition parts for defect removal. Grinds and smoothes surfaces of parts.
- Examines and feels surface of work piece for defects.
- Removal of defects and/or sharp edges.
- Selects grade of abrasive belt, wheel, or disk according to specifications, knowledge of abrasives, and condition of metal, and attaches to grinder.
- Starts grinder and moves it over surface of work piece to remove scratches, laminated metal, excess weld material, and burs.
- Polishes ground areas with finer abrasive to produce smooth, unmarred surface.
- Replaces worn abrasive disks, wheels, and belts.
- Maintains a safe and organized workstation and follows all company policy, safety and procedures.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- High School diploma or GED