Primary Purpose of the Job
- Set up and operates all types of centerless grinders, abrasive cut-off machines, double disc grinders and any other type of grinder for production and experimental work orders. Operator will be held to established production and quality standards. Incumbent will have control to make minor adjustments to the process or machine after tasks are assigned. This position may handle confidential information.
Major Activities/Key Challenges
- Set up all machines, following set up procedures, including through-feed and in-feed grinding machines; using proper blades, profile templates and appropriate die mounds for jobs. Operations are completed to a level to satisfy standards/quotas as listed on blueprints.
- Checks dimensions and finish to close tolerances. Changes wheels, and dresses wheels to prescribed forms; straight grinding or profiled grinding.
- Positions, aligns, and secures parts, using any type of holding fixture that may be required.
- Sets up cut-off machines using proper tooling and may set up machines for operation by others.
- Perform S.P.C. on all orders. Required to perform daily TPM (as required).
- Keeps work area clean, safe in an orderly fashion on a daily basis.
- Performs other tasks of equal or lesser skill as required.
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education
- Must be able to work from 5am to 6pm Friday through Sunday
- Must have a minimum of two years related grinding experience or equivalent.
- Must have demonstrated skills in the area of communications, dependability and teamwork.
- Must be able to read various precision measuring instruments.
- Must be able to read blueprints, work orders and be able to understand basic concepts of S.P.C. and set-up/maintain an S.P.C. chart.
- Employee owned tools are necessary for this position (see System Operator Procedures as to type).
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Preferred Qualifications
Previous experience and skills working for another fastener manufacturing company using the specific machines in the related departments is preferred.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.