At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description: 3M is seeking a Machinist for the Industrial Business Group located in Clarkston, GA. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of the Machinist will operate CNC Machining Equipment in the grinding of Ceramic Radomes in accordance with established practices and procedures to comply with the specifications delineated on customer and company supplied drawings. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- Participate in all safety and regulatory training needed to fulfill the duties of the position
- Follow all plant safety rules and regulations, wear PPE as required per procedures
- Analyzes the performance of equipment and tooling in order to recommend changes and improvements to equipment and procedures
- At the beginning of the shift, have a focused shift exchange with the operator who is being relieved to find out the product being produced, the production order number, and any quality or equipment problems they may have during their shift
- Cleans and performs basic maintenance upon equipment. Informs supervisor if any unsafe or unsatisfactory material condition exists with equipment or work area
- Performs basic maintenance, upkeep, and repairs on machines as needed including lubrication, fixture and spindle change outs, tooling change outs
- Maintains data in logs, travelers, and computer
- Uses Computer Aided Design Software to implement solutions for obtaining desired grinding results
- Uses a Coordinate Measuring Machine and other measuring tools such as calipers and micrometers to verify work and make adjustments
- Maintain communication in regards to product quality with other operators and QC
- Keep Supervisor informed of items such as maintenance requirements, anticipated equipment failures or breakdowns, shortages of materials, unsafe conditions or equipment, suggestions on operational improvements and any deviations from standards
- .Assist Process Engineering in problem solving
- Troubleshoot machine issues and quality issues with Engineering and Quality Managers as needed
- Monitor and adjust process conditions to ensure proper operation and quality
- Routine troubleshooting
- Set sensitive equipment instrumentation
- Operate small hand tools and process equipment with dexterity
- Use knowledge of the operation to prevent damage to materials and loss of production; set-up requirements and quality testing conducted on products.
- Complex set-up and/or operation of equipment requiring frequent monitoring to maintain quality production
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or designate
- The following physical demands:
- Frequent standing and walking
- Use of hands/arms to finger, handle, or feel and reach
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- Frequently lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as appropriate
- Exposure to hazardous waste
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum 5 years of experience in precision grinding and/or machining of tight tolerance components.
- 10 years experience in precision grinding and/or machining of tight tolerance components. Experience with lathes and/or turning centers is desired.
- Previous experience with lathes and/or turning centers is desired.
- Ability to read and interpret written operating instructions for equipment, instrumentation and computer controls
- Assist in training of other operators as needed
- Ability to recognize quality and defect problems and determine corrective action necessary
: Clarkston, GARelocation:
Is not authorized
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.