Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a temp fur groomer to join its cinematics team. The artist must be experienced enough to know how to employ multiple grooming and rendering techniques, and have an eye not only for the look but a keen awareness of the technical rendering challenges.Responsibilities
- Grooming hair, fur, and feathers.
- Painting related texture and control maps for hair, fur, and feathers.
- Lighting and rendering creatures and characters.
- Work alongside the surfacing lead, CG supervisor and technical team to ensure aesthetic and technical goals are met in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with members of other departments such as lighting and rigging to support their needs with regard to fur grooms.
- Experience using Maya and XGen
- Solid understanding of vfx production pipelines
Required Application Materials
- Good communications skills to enable you to work well in a team and take direction from clients, directors etc.
- Able to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- A traditional arts background with emphasis on photo-realistic character work would be an advantage
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.