The Groundskeeper will landscape or maintain grounds of property using hand or power tools or equipment. Work typically consists of a variety of tasks examples include any combination of the following: sod laying, mowing, trimming, planting, watering, fertilizing, digging, raking, sprinkler installation, and installation, sweeping of parking lots and sidewalks. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
* Mows lawns and trims grass around walks, flower beds and walls.
* Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth.
* Removes damaged leaves, branches, and twigs using mowers, tractors and other hand and power tools.
* Lays out and tends flower beds or other decorative vegetation.
* Maintains and sharpens tools and makes minor repairs on equipment, as needed.
* Plants, fertilizes, waters and uses herbicides and insecticides to maintain grass, flowers, trees and shrubs.
* Removes snow and ice from walks and driveways.
* Spreads salt, picks up litter, rakes, bags and burns of leaves.
* Cleans drainage ditches and culverts.
* Maintains driveways and parking lots.
* Repairs fences, gates, walls, irrigation system, walks and outbuildings using carpentry, masonry and painting tools.
* Performs routine cleaning and maintenance on gardening and grounds equipment.
* May operate trucks and assorted power equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
* Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
* Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
* Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* /Job Qualifications:/*
* High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
* 1 to 2 years of related work experience.
* Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
* Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
* Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
* Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
* Adapts procedures, processes, tools equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position.
* Ability to effectively communicate policies, and/or procedures in a manner easily understood by fellow employees.
* Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
* Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
* Maturity of judgment and behavior.
* Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule.
* Must comply with any dress code requirements.
* Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
* Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
* Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
* Significant walking or other means of mobility.
* Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
* Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
*/Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):/*
* Work is performed in an outdoor setting.
* Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends, and extended hours as business dictates.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to heat/cold.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
* Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process, please contact SodexoFrontlineApplicationSupport.USA@sodexo.com for assistance. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
A little about us:
Sodexo is a people-oriented company that places the quality of life of its people, customers and clients at the center of its mission.