As an American Express GBT Group Air/VIP TC, you will join a team of highly skilled VIP Travel Counselors who provide exceptional traveler care to our valued corporate clients. This exceptional, high touch service will create a positive experience that will leave your travel clients truly impressed. You will be accountable for both individual and shared team goals, responsible for providing outstanding customer service and accurate completion of all travel arrangements and special requests.
The ideal candidate will have experience in group air travel, be customer focused with strong attention to detail and effective communication skills. You will responsible for group air movements for our VIP client and this will involve research and negotiation with airlines for group allocation of seats; agreeing to airline contracts as well as managing the seats and adhering to the airline's deadlines. Additionally smaller groups will require experience of published and consolidator fares bookable via the Sabre GDS.
Get ready to make impressions that will last! Listed below are more details where you will make an impact during your day: Key Responsibilities
- Taking new inquiries by phone and/or e-mail; researching best airfares while preparing full cost comparisons with savings
- Work with the client on all contracted elements of the event; build relevant databases to support administration, manage amendments from the client as well as committing and communicating airline contract and deadline dates
- Management of client's events, with various group sizes, including all aspects of Air Travel
- Accurately capturing traveler information; sending flight confirmations and managing delegate changes and updates
- Issuing Group and published tickets on the GDS; arranging the preparation work and checking procedures
- Complete Fare analysis and reporting for client
- Deliver outstanding service to the client's specification including research, budgets, policies, negotiation and management of airlines
- Planning, coordination, and execution of group air travel
- Communicate confidently amongst peers to share best practice
- Achieve targeted financial results whilst delivering high quality service and demonstrate significant savings on client spend. Financial management throughout the life cycle of the booking.
- Undertake continuous self-development and training.
- Ability to work independently with own initiative and within a team environment.
- Knowledge of corporate/airline industry
- Previous group or business travel experience preferred
- Sabre GDS knowledge required
- Group and or published airline ticketing experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Negotiation and contracting skills
*Normal hours of operation for this position are Monday - Friday between 8 AM - 6 PM ET*
Must be flexible in schedule due to business needs.
AEGBT operates in a 24x7x365 environment in order to provide exceptional traveler care to our customers. Our organization has core operating hours that can range between 7am to 8pm, depending on the platform/customer. These hours may change in order to meet business demands. With appropriate notice, all of our employees must be flexible to work at any time between those hours regardless of their current schedule. Periodically, employees may be required to work at least one weekend day, or as business needs dictate. As business demands change, these hours could change and shifts will be altered to include a time slot within the 24x7 hour period. Our company abides by all Federal and Provincial laws to ensure employees are compensated appropriately. Location
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
For help, please contact our support team at GBT.Talent@aexp.com .