Group Category Manager GNFR - IT,Telecom & Networks (Job Number: 023252)
Deerfield Corp North - 300 WILMOT RD
300 WILMOT RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Leads the development, implementation and ongoing management of procurement Level 3* category strategies at a local, regional or group-wide level for a portfolio of goods and services in line with Group Procedures. Works with stakeholders (functional, procurement and supplier), to develop strategy and tactics for procurement category and initiatives, provides thought leadership; identifies, creates and implements initiatives to maximize value and ensure ongoing management of supplier contracts and relationships. Project manages work-streams and initiatives within the category to ensure timely delivery of objectives, ensuring all necessary Stage Gate processes, including formal stakeholder approvals are completed
This job comprises of four key activities:
1. Procurement Level 3 category strategy
2. Sourcing of goods and services
3. Procurement-led change
4. Contract management
*Level 3 refers to the category taxonomy used across Group Procurement. Job Responsibilities 1. Level 3 Category Strategy
• Manages stakeholders (functional, procurement and supplier), defines and implements effective Level 3 (product/service level) category strategies to deliver a programme of transformation and risk mitigation; obtaining buy-in at each necessary step of the process.
• Challenges the balance between cost and service ensuring value for money.
• Shares best practices and learning across categories, geographies and teams. 2. Sourcing of Goods and Services
• Develops and implements a sourcing process that delivers the right level of service and commercial outcomes through planning, defining business needs, assessing supply market, defining strategy, execution, supplier selection and contracting.
• Ensures supplier priorities and capacities are aligned, identifies options, risks and mitigations.
• Secures formal stakeholder approvals for supplier selection recommendations' as required. 3. Procurement-Led Change
• Leverages changes in supply market and demand conditions to deliver innovative services and commercial solutions.
• Identifies and implements opportunities to improve service and reduce costs by challenging and continuously improving the what, how, when, where and why goods and services are purchased. 4. Contract Management
• Ensures all contract obligations are fulfilled, risks are mitigated and contracts remain valid throughout their lifecycle. Holds internal organization and suppliers accountable for their actions.
• Defines and executes a contract management program, while ensuring continuous improvement, variance management, contract compliance and governance for nominated suppliers to guarantee that the appropriate value is secured from contracts.
• Expands high performing supplier relationships to maximize value for WBA. 5. Procurement Expertise
• Acts as a subject matter expert in category management, sourcing, procurement-led change and contract management.
• Navigates procurement across an international & multi-site operation. Drives procurement-led change through their own initiatives. Utilizes market and business intelligence, shapes the strategic Level 3 category agenda whilst also delivering on their initiative plans.
• Leads negotiations and ensures the effective conclusion of commercial and service arrangements that meet the needs of the business.
• Leverages procurement toolbox (spend data analytics, GNFR pipeline, contracts database, e-procurement etc.) to optimize results.
• and Constructs and concludes commercial contracts in collaboration with the Legal team to ensure commercial and service requirements are captured, while mitigating against risk. Communicates to all levels of the organization to ensure all stakeholders are informed. Commercial
• Makes recommendations leverages commercial expertise to optimize project design and minimize project duration and cost.
• Streamlines business processes; researches and acts upon information on industry category trends and best practices.
• Utilizes multiple financial models (e.g. total cost of ownership, net present value) to assess commercial options and risks. Stakeholder Engagement
• Navigates and influences a multi-functional/multi-cultural international stakeholder (functional, procurement and supplier), environment.
• Manages stakeholders - operates at multiple levels within the organization and with suppliers; challenges, holds to account, effectively influences others in their way of thinking, remains sensitive to stakeholders challenges and is able to take people with them; forms effective relationships.
• Acts as an expert in collaborating with internal and external resources to develop initiatives that meet departmental goals within budget and established timelines.
• Shares category vision demonstrating a passion with discipline and an ambition for procurement and categories; influences and inspires others to engage and participate. Project Management
• Manages complex project initiatives and other work to schedule; managing risk, opportunities, resources and costs to achieve the right outcome, on cost and on schedule. Strategic Thinking & Strategy Development - Level 3 Categories
• Analyzes and problem solves category opportunities; compares and contrasts/evaluates options and selects the optimal solution. Utilizes spend information/data, business knowledge and market insight to identify opportunities for sourcing projects and initiatives.
• Applies domain expertise to develop the 'best way' forward; explains why the way forward makes best sense; encourages others to adopt.
• Escalates problems when necessary and provides solution recommendations. Informally Leading Teams
• Leads teams across multiple business units and/or countries and navigates cultural differences to ensure timely and appropriate conclusions.
• Provides leadership and guidance to the team, understands their team's strengths, weaknesses and motivations.
• Develops and mentors staff through open communication and training and development opportunities; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation, while fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. May advise on policies and procedures internally and externally resources.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree and at least 4 years of procurement experience. OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of procurement experience.
At least 2 years of experience applying procurement practices/strategies focused on meeting the business challenges, P&L needs, and the needs of the organization with a minimum of 1 year of experience developing and implementing requirements/change management methodologies to execute strategic sourcing activities.
Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
Experience working with Profit & Loss (P&L) concepts, such as revenue, COGS, gross profit margin, operating expenses and cash flow
Experience in supplier negotiations, developing and implementing sourcing strategies.
Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling)
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font)
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
At least 2 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
Able to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and nationally and internationally). Preferred Qualifications
- CPM, CPSM or MCIPS certification or willingness to obtain one.
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.