The primary purpose of this job is accountability for five distinct functional areas:
• Lead Quality Strategy in alignment with McDonald's expectations across all product platforms including quality systems, food safety, equipment and ingredient leadership.
• Lead End-to-End Commercialization of Innovation, scaling up R&D formulas and developing the manufacturing and supply chain to move from "kitchen/lab" to the restaurant.
• Efficiently Lead New Business Development to support the Areas of the World in seeking new solutions for growth via products, equipment and services.
• Lead the Development of Equipment Platforms that will enable KO commercial success within the McDonald's operating environment, while meeting all system (McDonald's and KO) requirements.
• Lead global supply chain productivity and OE strategies.
Function Related Activities / Key Responsibilities:
• Customer leadership with key McDonald's supply chain senior officers in the areas of Quality Systems, Foods Safety, Regulatory Compliance and Sustainability.
• Lead the engagement with McDonald's and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) to ensure that equipment development matches the needs of KO, McDonald's and the changing requirements of consumers. Lead the relationships with KO Global Equipment and R&D resources.
• Create an End to End Framework for decision making as it pertains to innovation and business development, such as a customized fast track stage gate. Ensure resources and priorities are aligned with all key stakeholders such as bottlers, SC, R&D, QSE, SRA, Marketing and The McDonald's Division (TMD) BU's.
• Drive growth at McDonald's through KO Innovation by building specific value creation strategies and commercialization plans that support TMD's approach.
• Provide System expertise to ensure all innovation meets the specific supply chain and quality requirements of McDonald's and TCCC, including SRA and local Company and regulatory policies.
• Manage the Global SRA relationships and organization to ensure clarity on standards and gain approval for new entries into the market.
• Lead the nutritional labelling alignment within KO and McDonald's which requires detailed ingredient and formula understanding.
• Identify quantitative factors for this job, such as volume, annual budget, customer contacts (e.g., # of bottlers, customers, etc.), and other major indicators of the scope and complexity of this job.
Education: Bachelor's Degree. Master of Science in Engineering/Technical preferred
Related Work Experience: 15+ years' experience with consumer package goods with customer experience preferred. Previous commercialization experience within the beverage and or food industry International experience preferred
• DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
• COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
• ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
• INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
• DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
• Lead the creation of new processes, systems and products. The objective will focus on driving commercialization starting from the R&D stage through to the customer.
• Lead the development of a global Stages and Gates process to assess and validate opportunities.
• Lead alignment on resource allocation. This role may need to develop new processes/systems to safely commercialize products.
• This role requires a holistic approach that accounts for Value creation and well as all facets of new product commercialization.
• Identify and drive a McDonald's aligned solution to customization.
• Developing contract manufacturing, developing resources and capabilities, driving quality, as well as leading the engagement with global equipment suppliers.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.