Group Director, Category Advisory Services - Kroger Position Responsibilities
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES Strategic Thinking and Strategy Development:
- Leads the Category Strategic Advisory team on our Kroger business
- Employs total grocery and beverage category strategic thinking and strategy development for the National Retail Sales Team by leveraging unique insights from syndicated and shopper card data, as well as other industry sources.
- Leverages the Shopper Insights team via constant idea sharing to ensure they are being Coca-Cola's best advocate in pursuit of discovering unique opportunities to partner with Kroger on key strategic projects.
- Plays a pivotal role in influencing Kroger's decision making by building relationships with senior executives in their organization in an effort to collaboratively build strategies and tactics designed for future category growth
- Ensures alignment between Coca-Cola's and Retailer strategic priorities.
- Stewards' development & implementation of process for sharing best practices, as well as sharing specific Retailer shopper and category insights with the Coca-Cola NRS organization to drive/shape future corporate strategy.
- Leads the interaction with cross-functional leads to address key business questions and develop volume and revenue growth strategies that allow both companies to meet and exceed plan expectations.
- Ensures that category management tools, data, and shopper insights are effectively leveraged to grow distribution, space, and optimized assortment for all beverage categories including DSD and Warehouse brands.
- Develop and drive the CCNA CSA strategic processes and plans
- Focus on retailer category development while also partnering closely with VPs of Sales to support development on sales strategy
- Provide leadership & continued stewardship for retailer's beverage categories (Sparkling, Still and Warehouse)
- Recommends space opportunities and risks for the beverage category at both a Kroger and broader CCNA NRS level
- Provides thought leadership & influences retailer's annual business plan
- Partner with Sales Teams in development of retailer account plans and programs to drive Coca-Cola market share
- Partner with Brokerage & Vendor Partners in development of retail account plans, programs & resources to drive Coca-Cola Market Share
- Lead the annual customer category situation assessment process
- Partner in the development of annual business plan; drive category strategy and opportunities; ensure plan has a relevant category strategy which will win in the market place
- Lead the work of a cross functional team consisting of Category Managers and Category Analysts, Shopper Insights Managers, and Space Strategy
- Collaborate with cross functional with Sales, Channel Strategy and Development, and PRGM projects focused becoming our customers most valued supplier
People Leadership & Development:
- Develop solid working relationships with key retailer divisional/category managers to drive NARTD beverages into all aspects of their shopper engagement strategy in-store
- Act as brand champion for Coca-Cola by defining and driving overall brand objectives through the practice of category management techniques, delivering comprehensive category programs internally and across retail partners to drive product and brand initiatives
- Build strong team-oriented relationships with other key internal business units and/or global partners that result in new business and/or cross-category opportunities
- Recruit and retain a high performance team, while creating and maintaining growth opportunities within and outside of the Category Advisory Team
- Ensure best and current customer oriented thinking is utilized within the Customer Advisory COE (upstream/downstream)
Minimum Required Bachelor's Degree Preferred: MBA or other graduate degree Experience: Minimum Required:
- 7+ Years in CPG Industry
- Senior level experience within the consumer goods/beverages industry
- People leadership/management - specifically, experience leading leaders of others
- Customer experience across multiple channels - e.g., large store, small store, and Foodservice/On Premise channels
- Field leadership experience
Skills: Minimum Required:
- 10+ Years in CPG Industry
- Senior customer/Sales management experience
- Demonstrated success in leading geographically dispersed team
Proficiency in at least one of the following areas: Category / Space Management, Shopper Insights Preferred Level:
Travel - 20-40% Leadership Behaviors:
- Advanced analytical capability
- Specific capabilities with customer specific data sources (84.51, EYC, etc.)
- High level of experience in data providers (Nielsen, IRI)
- High technical skill and aptitude with computer software (MS Office, JDA, etc.)
- Demonstrated reputation for customer engagement with ability to positively drive mutual business results
- Ability to link category leadership strategies to customer strategies
- Analytics experience - ability to draw insights and actions from data
- Planning experience - strategic thinking, forward looking, time cognizant
- Proven track record for delivering sustainable results
- Grows diverse high performing teams through tough-minded talent management and proactively seeks development opportunities for employees
- Drives organizational performance, efficiency, & effectiveness by translating analytics into actions and results
DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.