Group Director, Data Strategy Job Purpose:
The Group Director of Data Strategy is the primary leader to ensure successful advancement of the organizational capability in leveraging data as an asset. The incumbent will partner with the Coca-Cola North America (CCNA) Strategy team leadership, CCNA IT, and the broader CCNA community on the prioritization, sequencing, and investments against a multiyear roadmap for data asset development. Holds primary responsibility to ensure CCNA extracts maximum return on our significant investment in a broad and diverse data asset portfolio. Holds primary responsibility to ensure CCNA data investments are deployed against business critical initiatives, through enablement of optimized data acquisition, knowledge management, data house holding and maintenance, data quality and governance, data access, and tools for each of the preceding. Serves as subject matter expert on internal and external data landscape for data innovations and emerging trends, making actionable recommendations for CCNA. Primary Responsibilities: Data Asset Portfolio Management
Stewardship of the entire CCNA data asset portfolio, including but not limited to:
Roadmap for Data Asset Development
- Understanding of overall CCNA data needs, driving constant evaluation of data assets against business needs
- Data asset valuation, both as an individual asset and as part of a portfolio
- Documented evaluation of the differentiated value each asset provides
- Provide knowledge management for each data asset to the CCNA user community, encompassing all relevant aspects of each asset, e.g., data sourcing, collection method, update frequency, limitations, unique features
- Full scope of data responsibility to include KO system first party data (e.g., sales volume), second party data (retailer POS), and syndicated third party data.
The incumbent will have primary responsibility to set the CCNA multiyear roadmap for data asset development. Specific deliverables will include but not limited to:
CCNA Organizational Capability Building
- Multi-year plan with specific data asset deliverables by calendar quarter
- Current state/gap analysis vs immediate business needs
- Mapping of future state business needs to existing data sources vs. data to be acquired
- Benchmarking analysis across CPG, retail, and other relevant verticals, establish CCNA current position and goals against industry peers for using data as an asset
Primary responsibility for advancing data driven capabilities tailored to users based on data requirements within CCNA:
- Efficient and convenient access for users with high level data needs (e.g, reporting analysts on customer teams)
- Additional access points, data granularity, and analytical tools for users with more complex data needs (e.g., Category Advisory)
- Full portfolio of analytical tools, highest data resolution, and data environment access/control for Data Scientists and other users employing advanced analytics.
- Executive Leadership Team (ELT) - data assets and accompanying tools that enable business intelligence solutions to be efficiently developed for ELT decision support.
Partner with other Decision Science/Data Strategy/IT leaders to ensure optimal allocation of budgets, people resources (internal associates and contracted resources), and infrastructure costs. Position Qualifications: Education
: Minimum Required:
B.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Advanced Analytics, or other technical degree Preferred Level:
MBA or M.S.
Experience Minimum Required:
5-7 years professional experience with progressively increasing responsibility; strong understand of technology, business systems, capability building and general management principles
5-7 years with deep experience on the organizational data portfolio management within a business organization, in partnership with Information Technology. Preferred Level:
10+ years post-MBA experience. KO System experience a plus. General Skill, Knowledge and Abilities Skills Required:
- Strong general management understanding of the CCNA business, the key levers that create value for our brands, customers and Systems; Demonstrated facility at navigating complex organizations
- Strong analytical, conceptual and quantitative problem solving skills with experience in financial modeling. Simplifier of complex issues. Excellent written and oral communication skills, meeting design, and facilitation skills.
- Comfort and skills surfacing and dealing with conflicts. Strong teamwork and team leadership skills, including project management, collaboration and influencing without authority. Able to maintain pace of rapid iteration and communication and multi-task across responsibilities.
- Previous hands-on experience understanding of both relational and unstructured data sources & repositories, experience with data query languages, ETL development, data hygiene, data lineage, data staging, data architecture, and data access tools.
As at left plus people management; familiarity and experience with consumer markets' business paradigms
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top