This role leads the value driving advancement of key strategic investment platforms and projects for VEB in the North American business. In addition to leading various strategic projects on the VEB portfolio, this role will also act as a conduit (alliance management) between Coca-Cola and its minority owned investments. The role will include management and development of governance, compliance with deal agreements, and allocation of value creation resources.
• Evaluate the value of the portfolio of minority owned investments to help determine course of action on current and future transactions.
• Monitor and track the commitments of the legal and financial engagement between KO and its minority investments.
• Manage pipeline of a series of value driving initiatives, e.g. marketing, procurement, distribution, knowledge and insights programs, to help allocate resources to highest value creating activities. To accomplish this effort, the candidate must possess an ability to consult with external partners while engaging internal resources.
• Oversee governance model with minority owned investments to ensure that all approval rights, business planning, and capital management is evaluated appropriately by Coca-Cola Board representation.
• Lead the evaluation and development of a formalized portfolio management system to manage resource allocation such that overall VEB portfolio produces optimal results. Project may include decision management analytics and routines, information systems, and financial modelling. Lead design and development of the translation of strategic choices into clearly articulated in-market actions (in partnership with cross-functional team)
• Manage and support the development of selected associated strategic initiatives/projects deemed critical to accelerate profitable growth
Education & Experience
• Graduate degree (e.g., MBA, MS), other advanced degree with broad business and economic knowledge
• 12-15+ years of experience in strategy and/or business development in consumer-oriented industries (e.g., CPG or retail), preferably in a business operating unit in a multinational or large company
• Knowledge and experience in Coca-Cola North America and/or bottling system is advantageous
• Experience in strategy and business plan development, inclusive of problem resolution and opportunity assessment
• Excellent analytical ability and objective analytical approach
• Strong project management skills, including project scoping, brief development, and project team leadership to drive tangible results
• Effective communication and ability to manage appropriate dialogue at all organizational levels
• Ability to exert personal influence and build value-based relationships
• Excellent people development and team leadership skills
• Financial acumen (nimble with P&L, key ratios, and balance sheet with focus on economic profit and return on invested capital)
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
Relocation costs are not provided for this job. By applying for this job, candidates understand and acknowledge that the Company will not provide relocation assistance or support and that relocation will be entirely the responsibility of the candidate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.