What if your job description were simply “Make tomorrow better?” That’s the essence of roles within our Bing Team. Every day, we bring an insatiable curiosity to the table, challenging ourselves to reimagine what is and what can be. We build on what’s come before to create what’s next. We drive machine intelligence. We help shape the future. We empower billions of people around the globe.
This position is within Bing Images and Video (a.k.a Bing Multimedia) team responsible for powering all the image\video search as well as powering AI technology behind key Microsoft products like Bing\Skype\Office for their computer vision\intelligent camera technologies. The team consistently prides itself of being key growth contributor for Bing against Google in search wars and leading within industry for building computer vision technology and incorporating within the product.
This job opening is for a lead role for our "Computer Vision Scientist" team which is responsible for building fundamental computer vision technologies like Visual Search, Object\Entity recognition, Image classification, Image segmentation, Semantic embedding, large scale image de-duplication. It is an exciting moment to join the team now as we are working to accelerate our progress in this area by a magnitude.
As lead you would be responsible for
• Leading a strong developers and research scientist who have relentlessly improved Computer Vision techniques for Bing as well as other Microsoft products
• Building industry leading computer vision technologies\assets which help further our product as well as build core foundation for future innovation in this area
• Have consumer obsession to build technologies in this area which help us build experiences that help empower our consumers to achieve more
• Retain and recruit talent within the team
• Build strong collaborations within bing team as well as across the company with folks working in this area
• Keeping yourself upto speed with state of the art developments within the industry and academia within Computer Vision\Deep learning area
Key qualification for the job
• Ph.D. in Computer Vision (Preferred), Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other related technical fields.
• Industry background in Deep Learning and\or Computer Vision required
• Strong Coding, Math, Analytical & Problem Solving skills.
• Prior experience of leading a team with 5+ Scientist & Engineers
• Having published work in this area would be a strong plus
• 10+ years of experience in industry
• 3+ years working as a lead with team of scientist and engineers
This is your chance to contribute to build industry leading experiences powered through one of the most exciting areas in AI currently. This is once in a life time opportunity as we are at inflection point in this area where Computer Vision powered experiences would impact large percentage of interactions of humans with machine. We as team have ambition, talent and technology assets to lead the industry in this area, this is your opportunity to contribute, shape and accelerate our path through this journey.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.