Manages people, product, budget, & process activities of the software engineering practice across all customers and all projects.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Lead organizational review/redesign activities at the business unit level that identify dysfunctional aspects of work flow, procedures, structures and systems and realign them to fit current business realities/goals better integrating people with core business processes, technology and systems.
- Lead strategies to develop internal talent while balancing that effort with external hiring; targets challenging developmental assignments that build individual confidence and organizational capability.
- Accountable for the quality of talent in the business unit - both internally and the quality of external hires.
- Ensures that those responsible for implementing a strategic initiative have role clarity and accountability for required actions and outputs as well as the authority to act in a way consistent with organizational values.
- Ensure that all individuals within the business unit are equipped with the knowledge and skills to support higher levels of performance and ongoing development of their skills. This includes the management of underperformers.
- Responsible for succession planning and the identification and development of high-potential talent within business unit.
- Authors new processes when needed and submits for approval prior to implementation. Understanding the trade-offs and owning the strategy between rapid development projects through to production intent projects.
- Assures all staff are trained and understand the PASA PDP for all projects under the Group manager's purview.
- Responsible to assure all staff within the group, and across projects, are compliant and follow the process including documenting and archiving any required process evidential artifacts.
- Supports, and arranges for, 3rd party audit of all projects within their scope.
- Develops business unit/customer group level engineering resource plans to meet the development requirements of all the programs in the engineering group assigned in the form of work breakdown structure resource planning tools.
- Manages the business unit/customer group level engineering timeline plan to meet the development requirements of all the programs in the engineering group assigned in the form of critical path timing planning tools.
- Manages the software development dependencies between projects to meet the product specification requirements as defined in customer specifications, government regulations, & internal design standards documentation.
- Leads business unit level proposals in determining engineering product feasibility, cost effectiveness, & customer demand for new and existing products/technologies.
- Responsible for SW input on company roadmaps and in proposing and establishing new skills to meet the capabilities needed for future success of the company.
- Within overall budget, makes adjustments as needed to execute projects/responsibilities as required.
- Identifies and implements savings across all projects, relative to overall budget.
- Manages sub-contractor expense across all projects.
- Manages and plans for Direct Labor Headcount for all projects, in coordination with sub-contractors and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). Ensures direct headcount is in line with overall annual headcount plan. Develops and presents case for each new headcount.
- Manages 3rd party/vendor technical delivery and quality assurance across all projects.
- Manages Overhead expense across all projects.
- Manages Fixed Assets, across all projects. Creates and presents Return on Investment justification.
- Builds rapport and cooperative relationships with customers. Implements effective ways to monitor and evaluate customer concerns, issues, and satisfaction and seeks suggestions for improvement.
- Sets priorities and makes decisions that consider customer impact; measures customer satisfaction and retention to ensure solutions, practices, and procedures are achieved.
- Responsible for ISM management as part of the management of staff members, their work and workplace.
- Responsible for the management of information security as part of the normal management of the business. Must cooperate with the Company ISM professionals in implementing the information security policies within the Company, and ensures that information is handled in compliance with the Global ISM related regulations.
- Interprets, enforces and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in Software, Electrical, Computer Engineering or related degree required.
- Ten (10) years of embedded software development, with related experience in automotive or electronics industry.
- Five (5) years of demonstrated budget and talent management experiences, preferably leading large software development teams across geographically diverse sub-teams including off-shore.
- Three (3) years of experience dealing with common automotive middleware and stacks including HMI, networking, and audio sub-systems.
- Demonstrated success with developing show properties for technical and automotive shows under aggressive (non-production representative) timelines.
- Demonstrated success working with industrial design and HMI development teams to ensure software solutions meet user experience objectives.
- Comfortable working in non-standard product development processes.
- Familiar with Design Thinking and other user oriented development processes.
- Proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
SOME OF THE TOYS YOU GET TO PLAY WITH:
- HMI, networking, and audio sub-systems.
- computer applications
BENEFITS AND PERKS – WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Benefits + Company-matched 401K retirement savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance and Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed dress code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- Telecommuter and Work Mobility Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.