[[Memphis]] , Shift:
The Group Leader role is one of technical leadership. The person filling this role will accept the personal responsibility to uphold the plant's goals to create a sustainable culture of growth and development through highly engaged primary teams. (Engagement is defined as an active and positive involvement in the processes of the plant.)
This job description covers the most significant duties performed, but does not exclude other work assignments not mentioned which require comparable skills, efforts and experience. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Self Knowledge -- Demonstrates a strong self-awareness of one's strengths,
development needs and the impact of one's own behavior on others; and
consistently takes actions to be better.
- Understands that continual personal growth is necessary and is actively using the primary ADP process to ensure growth.
- Understands the critical nature of personal leadership by example and uses his/her own high level of engagement to encourage others.
- Regular Attendance on site and the ability to rotate varying shifts.
- Comply with all plant rules
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Follows all environmental compliance polices & programs. Elevates Performance -- Sets high performance standards for self, team and others; assumes accountability for delivering all performance expectations; always knows and adjusts to what's expected; and monitors status of performance delivery against expectations
- Understands and actively supports the fact that a primary root cause for most accidents is the individual's personal behavior.
- Understands and insures compliance with our Lock Tag Try system. Respect for the potential hazards within the manufacturing operation. Training and regular auditing of the process.
- Has the ability to train others in specific job-related tasks.
- Ability to deliver oral and written communication: written Daily Shift Reports, daily verbal pass-downs between other machine coordinators and Front Line Leaders.
- Proactive in leading the Production team by example in all aspects of Safety. Safety needs to become something he/she values. Safety can not be viewed as something that needs to be done because someone else is giving the direction.
- Provides training encouragement/accountability and guidance to improve operator effectiveness throughout the operation. Takes all issues not being resolved quickly to their Front Line Leader.
- Develops and actively manages plans for training, overtime, short crew size, product changes, stop/start shifts (listed in order of priority) for their end of the line.
- Supports and works through all Process Teams, not just their own.
Competes on Analytics -- Extensively uses qualitative, quantitative, and statistical data analysis as well as fact-based management to advance understanding, share insight, commit to a course of action, and make decisions
- Reduces cycle time to problem resolution and eliminates the "replace and see what happens method".
- Can analyze a problems or process issues and eliminate the root cause.
- Understands the basic concepts of what it takes to consistently manufacture high quality shingles; understands critical product characteristics, key process variables, customer needs.
- In-depth technical knowledge around operation and control of the Laminator including: Pattern Cutter, Laminating Section, Free Loop Tension and Control, Filled Sealant (transfer, mixing, and application), Filled Adhesive (transfer, mixing, and application), Soap (transfer, mixing, and application), Cut-to-Length, Inspection Section, Dual Star Wheel Auto Catchers, and Front End Packaging Systems.
- Executes upon Quality System protocols to maintain product specifications; understands and can train team members on control/reaction practices to maintain product specifications. Decision Making -- Gathers, analyzes and interprets information to understand problems and identify opportunities; draw conclusions and generates alternatives; chooses a course of action based on facts; and ensures buy in and understanding of the resulting decisions.
- Can and is willing to make decisions.
- All other duties as assigned or needed
- Submits SAP Notifications for all Reliability requests.
- Leads and maintains a good working relationship with all departments and teams.
- Lead and participates in teams and conversations to develop and implement permanent solutions.
- Understanding of basic mechanical concepts.
- Ability to fill in for the Front Line Leader, accepting full responsibility for the safety, quality and productivity of the shift; and performing all required daily tasks, including SAP Prod stats, POP downtime data, Daily Confirmation spreadsheet.SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- Able to communicate in English (read, write, and speak).
- Able to read a tape measure and do basic math.
- Accountability and ownership for actions.
- Able to think under pressure and make quick decisions.
- Able to work well in a team or alone.
- This is a Special Skills position, which requires training to reach desired performance levels.
- Able to think under pressure, make quick decisions and act as a decision maker in the absence of the FLL.
The employee must be able to:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Must be able to operate a computer or other keyboard instrument.
- Computer literacy - email, simple spreadsheets, Word, AspenTech.
The employee should have the following:Education:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Prior Manufacturing Experience.
- Leadership training
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Progressive manufacturing experience
The employee should possess the ability to:
About Owens Corning
- Able to stand for 10 - 12 hours straight.
- Able to climb and descend stairs for up to 12 hours continuously.
- Able to lift, push, and pull 50lbs. more than 100 times per day.
- Able to do repetitive hand, arm, and leg movements for 12 hours.
- Able to squat, bend at the waist and knees freely.
- Able to withstand exposure to temperature extremes.
- Able to withstand exposure to uncomfortable sounds or noise levels.
- Able to bend and twist.
- Able to handle, control, or feel objects and tools.
- Able to execute repetitive movements.
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.