Prudential’s Group Insurance segment markets, sells and distributes a full range of group life, long-term and short-term group disability, corporate and trust-owned life insurance policies in the U.S. primarily to institutional clients for use in connection with employee and membership benefits plans. Group Insurance also sells ancillary coverage’s and provides plan administrative services in connection with its insurance coverage’s. Prudential has been underwriting group insurance plans since 1916. Today the Group Insurance business is the nation's second-largest group life carrier, with almost 13,000 group life, 5,800 long-term disability, and 4,200 short-term disability clients-insuring more than 20 million employees and their families. A finance position is currently available in the Group Insurance Planning and Analysis unit of the Group Insurance Finance Division. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for supporting the Group Life business. This role is focused on financial forecasting, planning and analysis for the Life business results. The candidate would be responsible for the coordination and preparation of monthly reporting and quarterly forecast deliverables, including key reports provided to senior management. The ideal candidate should have excellent analytical, technological, communication, and collaboration skills, and be eager to learn and accept new and challenging work assignments.
- Coordinating and preparing monthly, quarterly and annual results for the Life business.
- Assist in the preparation and consolidation of the quarterly forecast, including financial data, key business drivers and partnering with business contacts
- Updates and prepares monthly financial and operational KPI’s, highlighting trends and providing analytical insight into the financial drivers of Life product performance.
- Collaborates with cross-functional business partners (business partners, controllers, expense team, actuarial, underwriting, sales, operations) in support of forecasting, results analysis and ad-hoc projects.
- Participate in enterprise and departmental initiatives.
- Support the GI Finance by driving workflow, reporting efficiencies, and managing data integrity.
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.