Description At QuickBooks, world-class design helps power the success of small businesses and self-employed people around the world. Our designers are involved at every step of a project-from gathering insights, brainstorming, prototyping, and experimentation to launching pixel-perfect designs. And we're innovating through machine learning and conversational UI to make every interaction delightfully simple.
We're inspired by the courage, passion, and entrepreneurial spirit of our small-business customers. If you're ready to create bold and elegant solutions that power prosperity around the globe, we want to hear from you. We celebrate diversity and welcome any non-traditional paths into this profession. (Some of our backgrounds include comp lit, mechanical engineering and chemistry!)
Come join the QuickBooks Design team as a Principal Designer. We are a design-lead company. We love design. Really love it. Our team uses design thinking principles and methods to profoundly transform our customers' financial lives.
If you're passionate about:
- Emotionally connecting with customers
- Involving your customers in your design and research techniques
- Iterative experiment-driven design
- Solving complex problems at scale
- Delightful details in interactions and visuals
- Storytelling, communicating and presenting
- Apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that optimize user needs, business goals, and technological realities across mobile & web platforms
- Be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation right down to pixel details right before launch
- Be expected to utilize your full range of product, interaction, motion, and visual design skills
- Design components and system-wide capabilities
- Take ideas and concepts, and visualize them in such a way that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers (including the product design team)
- Turn visions into concepts and translate those concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity, despite complexity of the system
- Collaborate effectively with product management, development, marketing, and other team members
- Use facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for stakeholders, resulting in others learning from you, and inspiring others to want to work with you
- Mentor early career members of the design team
- Participate in and foster the Intuit Experience Design Community
- Comfortable with oscillating between a fast "start-up" pace and the methodical rhythyms of a larger organization
- 8+ years of interface design experience in delivering high-volume, high-profile or award-winning web sites or products; preferably experience with SaaS and mobile products
- Four-year degree in Human Computer Interaction, graphic design, or relevant experience
- Expert knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research. Seasoned in Agile development processes
- Deep knowledge of user experience methods, innovation, ideation, storytelling, prototyping, design frameworks, concept visualization, problem-framing skills and design principles
- Proven track record in setting a vision for great customer experiences, inspiring others to get behind the vision, and ultimately delivering products and services that are known for their delightful experience and ease of use
- Exemplary ability to build positive, collaborative relationships across teams/groups/functions through facilitative leadership to deliver great results and to "raise the bar" continually as an effective leader of positive change
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner
- Expertise with design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, but skilled in creating 'lo-fi' prototypes to share with users in a fast, iterative manner
- Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions; hands-on expertise with iOS, Android, HTML, CSS, AJAX, DoJo, Flash, and/or Flex a plus
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- A passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level
- Strong online portfolio available for viewing
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Content Designer, QuickBooks Content Strategist Design Operations Leader Design Technologist Design Technologist See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.