Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Currently, Panasonic Corporation of North America (PNA) is seeking a Group Manager, Technical Accounting. What You’ll Get to Do:
Technical Accounting (White Book, Government documents)
- Analyze and Summarize of Legal Entity Consolidation documents (SEC, White Book)
- Manage IT system (SAP, ECC, PBC) with IT Department to ensure the reconciliation of finance data
- Manage relationship with US Government official external documents
- Supervise White Book. Be responsible for a review of key accounts before finalizing the consolidated White Book which will be produced quarterly.
- Manage KPMG audit regarding quarterly consolidation results
- Manage communication and training with other company staff to ensure they understand the procedure of consolidating accounting and processes Technical Accounting (US GAAP/IFRS)
- Keep current with SEC regulations, US GAAP and IFRS to overview staff reporting
- External and tax related reporting
- White Book review IFRS Global Accounting
- Analyze the impact of IFRS introduction to N.A. region from FY18 and manage the chart of accounting and
- mapping with group companies and IT Department
- Communicate with PC HQ and KPMG to decide the timeline of introduction and structure of booking
- Prepare with tax Department how to report to IRS for IFRS introduction PC HQ Management
- Manage all communication (written and verbal) and negotiation with Parent Company (PC) HQ, about regulation changes, business combinations, PFA procedures and
- Examine Panasonic’s new regulations and changes with PC HQ
- Introduce Panasonic’s new regulations and changes in NA region
- Negotiate with PC HQ to carry out the approval by PC top management
- Summarize monthly with top management report to PC HQ What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred; MBA a plus
- Minimum 10 years of prior work experience in public accounting plus private accounting
- Knowledge of purchasing accounting; interpretation of US GAAP and IFRS: Provide staff/accounting training related to
- Consolidations, US GAAP and IFRS as required
- Japanese language preferred Competencies :
- Negotiation and extensive communication with Japan HQ
- Critical thinking Communications :
- Strong communication skills to PC HQ Japan and PNA Top Management
- Ability to deliver concepts, practices and procedures, and negotiate with internal and external counterparties. Other Requirements :
Minimum travel required. 10% including annual trip to Japan.
To Sum It Up:
Strengthen statutory financial accounting from the view point of consolidated accounting, especially for quarterly book closing, White Book and Government Survey etc. in cooperation with PC HQ and KPMG. Communicate and negotiate with PC HQ about regulation change, business combinations, and RFA procedure and reporting. Keep current with SEC regulations, US GAAP and IFRS.
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.