Manages and leads the development, implementation, communication, evaluation, and administration of the Company's Total Rewards philosophy, programs and processes. Manages and leads the strategic elements of the employer-employee exchange for Total Rewards as well as determine how external influences and an increasingly global business environment affect attraction, motivation, retention and engagement and ensures the company has an infrastructure to support rapid growth.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
· Responsible for the overall administration, communication, and analysis of base salary and wage programs, incentive programs, bonus plans, merit plans, executive compensation, job description development, and evaluation systems.
· Develops, designs, and implements a competitive compensation program and administrative procedures, guidelines, and policies.
· Monitors the industry and external market and provide analysis on the impact of relevant developments in the compensation and benefits arena, including trends in cash compensation.
· Ensures participation and timely completion of data for national, regional, and local salary and wage surveys.
· Advises management on compensation actions for employees and recruitment for new hires/internal employee changes.
· Prepares and delivers compensation, benefits and payroll communications for all-employee groups as well as executive level groups.
· Conducts internal analysis to determine appropriate pay level according to compensation guidelines and addresses equity issues as appropriate.
· Ensures compliance with all open position requisition request forms.
· Writes job descriptions and/or gives direction to the development of job descriptions. Reviews job descriptions, benchmarking, position grading and development of salary structures.
· Reviews proposals for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate salary grade assignment and FLSA classification.
· Coordinates, delegates and/or works collaboratively with other managers, co-workers, peers or subordinates across an organization in order to meet specific organizational goals or project deadlines.
· Maintains current knowledge of and interpretation of related laws and in particular, the FLSA.
· Analyzes current programs and makes recommendations for improved effectiveness.
· Ensures compliance with current programs and policies.
· Maintains appropriate records and documents and updates HRIS with current employee compensation information as appropriate.
· Required to maintain the confidential nature of all employees and company proprietary and privileged information used or observed in the course of performing job duties.
· Oversees communication of Company's benefit programs serving as PASA's point of contact in reference to benefit coordination with PNA.
· Participates in annual open enrollment discussions and dissemination of information to employees.
· Management and administration of FMLA, Short Term Disability, salary continuation and personal leave programs in compliance with all statutory regulations and company policies.
· Manages, administers and coordinates worker's compensation program. Manages the accident investigation process on both major and minor incidents.
· Oversees administrative function related to OSHA. Maintains and processes required paperwork such as annual OSHA 300A summary and 300 log in compliance with federal law.
· Cost analysis of benefits for budget purposes.
· Coordinates and develops related policies and procedures.
· Oversees Payroll/Relocation/Educational Assistance function. Provide direction and feedback to ensure tasks are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
· Ensures compliance and integrity with FLSA, DOL and payroll regulations as well as internal standards.
· Oversees and ensures compliance of SOX related policies and procedures.
· Coordinates and develops related policies and procedures.
Work life Effectiveness
· Oversees the development and implementation of a specific set of organizational practices, policies and programs, plus a philosophy that actively supports efforts to help employees achieve success at both work and home.
· Responsible for either formal or informal programs that acknowledge or give special attention to employee actions, efforts, behavior or performance and support business strategy by reinforcing behaviors (e.g., extraordinary accomplishments) that contribute to organizational success.
Talent & Performance Management
· Manages and leads the alignment of organizational, team and individual efforts toward the achievement of business goals and organizational success though Talent & Performance management efforts.
· Talent management includes working collaboratively to develop, implement, and manage the Talent Management initiatives of performance, succession planning and talent planning. Provides consultation and oversight on all talent processes, to include succession management, talent assessment, selection processes, career management, and performance management.
· Performance management includes establishing expectations, skill demonstration, assessment, feedback and continuous improvement.
HRIS & Operations
· Responsible for the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Administration which provides analytical and technical support to the Human Resources Division in pursuit of HRIS initiatives and other HRIS-related responsibilities. This includes, but is not limited to: Maintains quality and consistency of HRIS database information; ensures personnel actions for the entire employee life cycle from new hire to termination are in compliance with current Human Resources policies and guidelines; maintains position management information, provides HRIS technical support to Human Resources and other departments/systems to include Accounting, Finance, Legal and SAP Configuration areas.
· Creates and maintains all Company policies and procedures and ensures 100% of employees sign acknowledgement.
· Responsible for I-9 compliance and ensures the company is audit ready.
· Responsible for the on-going SOX compliance and maintenance of compensation and headcount records, logs, checklist, process and procedures. Ensures successful passing of SOX audits each year.
· Responsible for ISM management as part of the management of staff members, their work and workplace.
· Responsible for the management of information security as part of the normal management of the business. Must cooperate with the Company ISM professionals in implementing the information security policies within the Company, and ensures that information is handled in compliance with the Global ISM related regulations.
· Interprets, enforces and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
· Maintains a good working relationship with the parent company regarding administration of the compensation, payroll and benefits function.
· Complies and submits periodic reports as assigned.
· Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
· Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business and a minimum of ten years (10) experience in a human resources function (Compensation, Benefits, Performance Management and Payroll experience required); or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Five (5) years successful human resources/total rewards experience at a manager level required.
· Demonstrated change leader who can drive strategy and execution and persuasively communicate to gain support.
· Strategic experience with salary management/administration, executive compensation, benchmarking, salary analysis, salary structures, pay practices, job evaluations, bonus/incentive programs, communication development and program administration.
· Hands-on experience in compensation plan design and delivery strategies with a strong understanding of monitoring and measuring compensation strategy effectiveness.
· Experience designing, building, and managing compensation systems in order to meet specific organizational objectives.
· Experience using various compensation analysis tools and techniques.
· Experience reviewing data in order to identify and perform appropriate statistical operations, including creation and analysis of data reporting.
· Prior experience with Benefit programs.
· Experience and strong knowledge of HRIS systems (Workday preferred).
· Prior experience ensuring compliance with SOX (policies, procedures and testing).
· Prior experience and knowledge of OFCCP, regulations, processes and procedures.
· Strong knowledge of compensation theories and practical applications.
· Strong knowledge of human resource regulations, Federal and State labor/pay regulations, best practices, policies and procedures, including good understanding of EEOC and FLSA regulations.
· Current knowledge of HR practices and principles, Federal and State labor/pay regulations.
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel (i.e. pivot tables, V-lookup, formulas, etc.), PowerPoint and Windows based databases.
· CCP, PHR/SPHR Human Resources Certifications preferred.
SOME OF THE TOYS YOU GET TO PLAY WITH:
· Reports, Charts, Graphs
· Compensation Systems
· HRIS Systems
· Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
BENEFITS AND PERKS – WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
· Great Benefits + Company-matched 401K retirement savings
· Annual Bonus Program
· Educational Assistance and Reimbursement Program
· Relaxed dress code
· Onsite Recreation Center & Café
· Telecommuter and Work Mobility Program
· Onsite Happy Hours!
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.