DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Group Product Director – Global Strategic Marketing, Hips. This position will be located in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction is an operating company of DePuy, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company, one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers, and suppliers of orthopedics devices and supplies. We are known throughout the medical world for the development, manufacture, and marketing of innovative solutions for total joint replacement.
The Group Product Director - Global Strategic Marketing, Hips will be a proven strategic thinker and a self-starter with the ability to work independently to deliver business results. S/he should be globally minded and balances the short term needs with long term goals of the overall organization while considering and respecting the unique differences across regions while continually striving to connect with key stakeholders, create value, and to gain alignment and achieve project timelines. This individual will play a strategic role in continually assessing the market to identify opportunities by establishing and nurturing key surgeon contacts, analyzing competitive actions, new technologies and market trends. In addition, the successful candidate will successfully demonstrate the ability to translate multiple inputs and develop solid business cases that advance and enhance the overall brand and portfolio strategy and define impactful marketing campaigns.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Leading/coaching/developing skills of 2-3 direct reports (Product Directors) with defined goals and objectives and development plans and identifying global growth opportunities for maximum revenue and opportunity generation.
- Assess and quantify opportunities to improve market share, product profitability and entry into new procedures/conditions.
- Act as a key liaison between R&D, Sales, Finance, Regional markets, and key customers in identifying emerging, unmet surgical needs; evaluating options; providing guidance and insight to financial models; and providing direction for global growth opportunities and also collaborate with Product Development, Business Development, External Innovation, and outside partners to assess the global market insights, product concepts, marketplace dynamics, etc., to ensure that the stakeholders' voices are brought to the broader team.
- Developing overall pricing guidelines to maximize platform profitability, managing gross profit targets for projects, achieving market share goals and delivering projects within a designated budget and timeline while ensuring that all regions are informed and aligned with global product development projects, programs and initiatives to deliver results and ensuring applicable company compliance with all relevant country and regional requirements, company regulations, policies and procedures.
- Providing direction and support to team members in managing base business for sustainability and growth; bringing specific products services, programs and solutions to effectively meet the needs of the patient, physician, provider, payer and, policy maker and address the triple aim.
- Providing guidance and insight in defining portfolio life cycle management strategy; collaborating in value creation and advance the business case to secure R&D investments from global portfolio management team; proactively supporting and responding to the needs of downstream marketing colleagues; providing leadership in S&OP.
- Providing leadership, experience and insights in product stage gate meetings; providing leadership and insights to global asset deployment decision making and supporting product development processes.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required, with an MBA preferred.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of Marketing, Product Management, Product Marketing and/or Branding/Marketing experience is required.
- Experience & competency in using consumer insights and analytics to develop Brand Strategy, Marketing Plans and translating these into consistent execution plans is required.
- The ability to handle complex contract negotiation and development with external partners, including surgeon designers and L&A targets, highly preferred. Legal, compliance, quality, and regulatory partnership experience is highly preferred.
- Experience in business and financial acumen, strategic planning, business case development, pipeline preparation, launch excellence and marketing communications is required.
- Experience in the medical device industry is preferred.
- Orthopedic and global experience is preferred. Experience in joint reconstruction / hip replacement preferred.
- People management experience with a proven track record of talent acquisition and development is preferred.
- This position may require up to 30% travel, domestic and international.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function