Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical
Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Group Product
Director, Global Strategic Marketing aligned to MENTOR located in Irvine, CA.
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Advanced
Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Codman Neuro, Mentor, and
Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and
Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular and
Neurosurgery, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
Worldwide LLC is a leading supplier of medical products for the global
aesthetic market. The company develops, manufactures, and markets innovative,
science-based products for surgical and non-surgical medical procedures that
allow patients to improve their quality of life through breast, body and facial
aesthetics. Learn more about Mentor at www.mentorwwllc.com.
The Group Product Director, GSM will lead the development and
execution of the global product marketing strategy for MENTOR’s Breast
Reconstruction portfolio. Primary brand
management responsibilities include managing MENTOR’s Tissue Expander product
lines and FLEXHD Acellular Dermal Matrix, in alliance with our partner MTF. The Group Product Director will also
influence breast implant portfolio with needs in reconstruction. This
position is responsible for global brand management and business attainment.
The position will be responsible for the development of MENTOR’s
Reconstruction product portfolio roadmap including the identification of
organic and inorganic opportunities and the launch preparation and execution of
new products, product line extensions & product iterations on a worldwide
The position serves as the global commercial leader for any expander
or other reconstructive product development core teams interfacing with
multiple functions including R&D, Clinical, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs
and Supply Chain among others. He /She will develop new product value
propositions (positioning, price, and promotion) for products in the Reconstruction
portfolio working closely with Regional Marketing partners around the world and
will also launch these products globally.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage strategic new product marketing plans and
programs for Reconstruction product lines to grow the business and meet/exceed
global Business Plan forecasts
- Facilitates the collection of voice
of customer data to help identify and define unmet needs; Leverages these
customer insights for commercial opportunities
- Work closely with New Business Development and R&D to identify
both internal/organic as well as inorganic/external opportunities in the
reconstructive market segment
- Develop marketing plans, forecasts and financial models to support
New Product launches and New Product Development Opportunities globally with
input from regional commercial groups to account for local variations &
various stages of market maturity
- Monitor and analyzes competitive activity and financial,
technological, economic and demographic market trends in collaboration with Global
Business Insights group
- Works across all
elements of the marketing mix to develop value propositions for new
products and enhance those of existing products. Uses appropriate channels of
communication, brand strategy, marketing planning and execution, pricing,
launch excellence; Ensures product knowledge is effectively transferred to
commercial regional groups and field organizations
- Builds network with key opinion
leaders and monitors industry developments impacting business
- Ensures business continuity through demand planning and
forecasting activities with regional commercial marketing partners; Supports
Life Cycle Management activities
- Monitors and controls
budget for maximum ROI effectiveness; Works productively with external agencies
- Responsible for following all Company guidelines related to
Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do
so are available and in good condition
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all
Federal, State and Local laws. Also responsible for following all
Company regulations, policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree (MBA, MSc) strongly
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant business
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in marketing required.
- Healthcare marketing experience is preferred.
- Experience in hospital and/or medical device experience is highly
- Plastic Surgery/aesthetics knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing marketing goals,
strategies and tactics required.
- Product launch experience required.
- Proven track record of success in marketing skills of planning,
positioning and execution, with an emphasis on collecting Voice of Customer
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional and marketing
teams to deliver on objectives including revenue, market share and
- Ability to travel 35% worldwide including weekends for conferences
Mentor Worldwide LLC (6177)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.