The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Group Product Director, Global Strategic Marketing aligned to MENTOR located in Irvine, CA. The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Codman Neuro, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular and Neurosurgery, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
Mentor Worldwide LLC is a leading supplier of medical products for the global aesthetic market. The company develops, manufactures, and markets innovative, science-based products for surgical and non-surgical medical procedures that allow patients to improve their quality of life through breast, body and facial aesthetics. Learn more about Mentor at www.mentorwwllc.com.
The Group Product Director, GSM will lead the development and execution of the global product marketing strategy for MENTOR’s Breast Reconstruction portfolio. Primary brand management responsibilities include managing MENTOR’s Tissue Expander product lines and FLEXHD Acellular Dermal Matrix, in alliance with our partner MTF. The Group Product Director will also influence breast implant portfolio with needs in reconstruction. This position is responsible for global brand management and business attainment.
The position will be responsible for the development of MENTOR’s Reconstruction product portfolio roadmap including the identification of organic and inorganic opportunities and the launch preparation and execution of new products, product line extensions & product iterations on a worldwide basis.
The position serves as the global commercial leader for any expander or other reconstructive product development core teams interfacing with multiple functions including R&D, Clinical, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs and Supply Chain among others. He /She will develop new product value propositions (positioning, price, and promotion) for products in the Reconstruction portfolio working closely with Regional Marketing partners around the world and will also launch these products globally.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage strategic new product marketing plans and programs for Reconstruction product lines to grow the business and meet/exceed global Business Plan forecasts
- Facilitates the collection of voice of customer data to help identify and define unmet needs; Leverages these customer insights for commercial opportunities
- Work closely with New Business Development and R&D to identify both internal/organic as well as inorganic/external opportunities in the reconstructive market segment
- Develop marketing plans, forecasts and financial models to support New Product launches and New Product Development Opportunities globally with input from regional commercial groups to account for local variations & various stages of market maturity
- Monitor and analyzes competitive activity and financial, technological, economic and demographic market trends in collaboration with Global Business Insights group
- Works across all elements of the marketing mix to develop value propositions for new products and enhance those of existing products. Uses appropriate channels of communication, brand strategy, marketing planning and execution, pricing, launch excellence; Ensures product knowledge is effectively transferred to commercial regional groups and field organizations
- Builds network with key opinion leaders and monitors industry developments impacting business
- Ensures business continuity through demand planning and forecasting activities with regional commercial marketing partners; Supports Life Cycle Management activities
- Monitors and controls budget for maximum ROI effectiveness; Works productively with external agencies
- Responsible for following all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws. Also responsible for following all Company regulations, policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree (MBA, MSc) strongly preferred.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant business experience required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in marketing required.
- Healthcare marketing experience is preferred.
- Experience in hospital and/or medical device experience is highly preferred.
- Plastic Surgery/aesthetics knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing marketing goals, strategies and tactics required.
- Product launch experience required.
- Proven track record of success in marketing skills of planning, positioning and execution, with an emphasis on collecting Voice of Customer information.
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional and marketing teams to deliver on objectives including revenue, market share and profitability.
- Ability to travel 35% worldwide including weekends for conferences or events.
Mentor Worldwide LLC (6177)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.