Blizzard Entertainment has been rated for several years by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work". We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only about gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is delighting our customers, and providing a world of creativity and adventure around every corner.
Our Battle.net organization is home to 300 super-powered, passionate, crazy-smart engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers and enables our games. Whether you're a first timer or a loyal regular, Battle.net ensures that while playing Blizzard's games, or interacting socially with friends or purchasing from our extensive e-commerce offerings, that our players are immersed in an engaging, exciting, and secure experience.
You're bright, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you.
We are looking for a talented, passionate, and skilled group program manager (GPM) to inspire gamers through the creation of the world's best online game platform which enables them to engage in Blizzard's legendary fantasy worlds.
The Battle.net group handles a large number of projects that are not tied to individual games, but shared among all of Blizzard's games past and future. This position will own defining and executing the vision for blizzard back end gaming platform. You will interact with technical leaders and executive staff for all games at Blizzard. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned product or program manager leader. Prior experience managing large, complex, multi-year projects, the right balance of technical and soft skills, experience with large scale complex online services, a passion for building great services end-to-end, the organizational skills to drive quality across complex organizations, and the ability to partner with many different types of people.Responsibilities
- Direct multiple teams of engineers and program managers to evaluate and implement platform solutions to meet the needs of Battle.net and Blizzard.
- Manage the team to make intelligent trade-offs between building a great platform, and building mission critical functionality to specific internal stakeholders.
- Balance the need to keep infrastructure operational and meeting the needs of consumer teams, and the needs of the internal team to make forward progress on the next generation of features.
- Able to split time, effectively managing, developing and mentoring leaders and setting direction while driving alignment.
- Will have end to end product responsibilities for multiple teams.
- Direct interaction with stakeholders and executives, excellent communications skills are a must.
- Forward thinking with focus on multi-year goals for the team and then executing against them, proven experience and decision making capabilities at this level.
- Ensuring that software is being developed at high quality and meeting the platform tenets.
- Able to manage / motivate the team.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience as a lead or senior program manager, product manager, or similar building world class platforms and services
- Strong interpersonal skills and a love for collaboration
- Demonstrated success in building successful engineering teams, strong people, customer and partner relationships
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
- Desire to be an expert that others can learn from
- Willingness and experience mentoring others
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Exceptional leadership skills that include, but are not limited to selection, performance management, talent planning, and development and recognition
- Proven record of solving problems, continuously improving systems and processes
- Able to succeed in a chaotic, undefined environment
- Able to interact with all stakeholders; lead by example
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.