As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Technical Group Project Manager (GPM) contributes to T-Mobile's success by delivering multiple large and highly-complex new systems, projects, processes, and/or programs that improve profitability, reduce costs, streamline operations, or enhance service to the business and customers. This role collaborates with cross-functional senior business and technology development leaders to solve problems and implement new solutions. As part of the IT Digital Architecture Team, the Technical GPM is focused on leading delivery of key Digital Transformation technology initiatives and business capabilities that support T-Mobile's industry-leading Un-Carrier strategy while enabling a digital customer experience. The Un-Carrier Architecture, Design & Delivery strategy unifies all aspects of the business, blending in-store and digital experiences and driving the best customer experiences as they cross devices and channels. Technology solutions have to meet the pace and responsiveness of an omnichannel business, delivering rich, consistent, highly flexible and contextually relevant experiences across mobile, desktop, kiosks, point-of-sale and other emerging devices. The Group Project Manager, Technical IT Digital Architecture works closely with Architects, Solution Owners, Technical Leads and Business Stakeholders in a highly collaborative environment.
Education (Minimum Required)
- Minimum 8+ years experience as a program or product manager within a technology environment, with a progressive record of successful delivery of complex solutions, systems, or services.
- Experience managing large programs spanning full technology stack, multiple products, systems and platforms, and cross-channel integrated scope in a technical industry. Wireless industry experience preferred.
- Experience leading technology transformation in a large organization.
- Strong business acumen and executive presence.
- Excellent written and oral communication tailored to diverse business and technical audiences
- Ability to interpret, balance and apply business priorities to delivering maximum value with minimum cost.
- Advanced negotiation, influence, and leadership skills.
- Expert knowledge of program/project and software development methodologies and lifecycles.
- Extensive experience successfully managing large & complex program budgets, including forecasting, invoicing, purchase order mgmt, vendor contracts, and employee + consultant costs.
- Preferred: Experience leading programs with web hosted and/or cloudbased solutions, or experience in building and deploying enterprise-wide digital applications. Working understanding of the following digital platform elements: API First, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, Cloud Native Platforms, Microservices, Event based architectures.
License or Certification
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Project Management or related field.
(Desired) Certifications in focused areas such as project management, enterprise/software/system architecture, agile methodologies, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, or related industry certifications
- Assembles key players on a project team and builds internal working relationships across the enterprise to develop cross functional teamwork. Delegates project responsibilities and manages project team members. Coordinates efficient work and validates task completion. Clarifies ambiguous responsibilities and manages conflicts to early resolution with appropriate escalations. Ensures alignment across working teams & stakeholders.
- Manages program/project scope(s) and schedule(s). Accountable for the quality of deliverables and sets realistic delivery expectations with stakeholders. Ensures project execution complies with approved methodologies. Influences and manages the factors that create change and scope creep. Incorporates consistent and clearly documented change management, including change impact to project charter and stakeholder priorities.
- Responsible for project communications and meeting facilitation. Leads definition and measurement of success metrics to objectively quantify project success.
- Identifies potential risks across a broad number of individual projects and programs and establishes mitigation plans. Communicates risks in clear business and technical terms, and provides solution options appropriate to target audiences. Understands business and technology stakeholder priorities, and balances diverse stakeholder interests with project objectives throughout project planning and execution. Serves as an initial escalation point for project issues.
- Help develop and support a technical community across the organization that fosters innovation, agile design and test methodology, flexible teaming, knowledge sharing and talent transformation.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.