Group Sales Coordinator - LT - Leisure
Location: San Francisco, California
Posted: October 19, 2017
Reference ID: 140443
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Job Summary: Sales & Marketing Assistant provides support in all administrative tasks for the Sales & Marketing Team at Mission Bay Conference Center. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to communicate, answer telephones/emails and support department managers in a fast paced environment.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Greets and assists guests as they enter the sales office and responds to all visitor requests
• Develops and continually enhances relationships with parting guests and key accounts to ensure repeat bookings
• Responsible for ongoing and open communication within the sales department as well as with Senior Management and departmental colleagues throughout daily operations
• Receives, responds, qualifies, distributes and logs all request for proposals (RFP's) and inquiries by email and phone in a timely manner
• Tracks sales data and prepares several reports daily and weekly using sales and revenue information
• Maintains clear, concise and up-to-day records in the catering booking system and in guest files
• Manages, maintains pars, and orders all office supplies and sales collateral
• Conducts site visits for current and prospective clients
• Maintains and creates content for social media presence, posts daily activities at the MBCC on all social media platforms including IG, FB and Linked in.
• Assists sales team and guests as necessary with general administrative tasks including, but limited to creating contracts, proposals, filing documents, shipping, creating signage, emailing guests, data entry and special projects
• Processes and generates folders for all definite contracts to be distributed to conference planning and accounting
• Creates and distributes effective group resumes and banquet event orders to communicate guest needs to all concerned departments in an accurate and timely manner
• Copies and distributes BEO (Banquet Event Order) packets
• Creates weekly Leadership Meeting Agenda with guidance form for the General Manager. Records and delivers minutes at weekly management meetings
• Supports electronic communication of advertising and marketing information as necessary
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must have strong professional etiquette
• Strong computer skills required i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• CRM or Delphi experience preferred
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong professional etiquette
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and responsibilities in a high-pressure environment
• The ability to professionally represent the conference center during in-house events
• A two year college degree or equivalent experience
o Major, Minor or concentration in Hospitality Management or F&B Marketing preferred
• Sales experience in hospitality or related field
• Knowledge of catering booking system a plus