Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey. What You’ll Get to Do:
This position is responsible for leading the Industrial Automation Laser Marking Group, a member of Panasonic Industrial Devices Sales of America (PIDSA), under Panasonic North America. The Group Sales Manager is responsible for aligning domestic vision and strategies with business unit global direction, developing sales strategies and goals aligned with corporate objectives, and providing leadership and support to Regional & Strategic Account Sales Managers in their efforts to create demand and successfully close North American sales. This position will also be responsible for a limited number of targeted accounts and successfully managing the distributor relationship within the assigned region in order to develop and maximize the sale of laser marking products to end users.
Define overall sales strategies and align goals with corporate objectives
- Identify target markets and customers
- Develop strategic sales plans for U.S. Market
Lead and manage all aspects of the group
- Analyze and maintain regional sales data and when appropriate, assigned vertical industry information
- Manage CRM reporting and opportunity pipeline to ensure full utilization (increase size, number, and capture rate of opportunities)
- Forecast fiscal year budget and month-to-plan; accurate PSI, FLASH updates
- Manage finances (assure collection ratio in line with IAS goals, minimize credit losses, minimize inventory losses)
- Ensure sales reporting tools are frequently updated (i.e. Mutual Action Plans, Account Profiles, Pipeline Report, & Strategy Progress)
- Manage Panasonic team resources and activities in each region
Lead geographic area sales strategies and revenue
- Follow up on new leads, grow accounts, identify & create new business opportunities
- Manage distributors in region in accordance with a defined mutual action plan
Customer market focus:
- Determine current and potential market/product trends. Report results and make recommendations to executive team
- Monitor competitive products and activities
Management of staff:
- Manage staff by supervision, coaching, counseling, performance standards and review
- Set incentive compensation with support of management and manage sales staff to achieve incentives
- Mentor, develop and promote sales staff to retain, motivate and engage talent
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience :
- Minimum of 7 years of successful full-cycle sales experience selling a technical product line, preferably laser marking systems to the Automotive industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related technical field strongly preferred or equivalent relevant work experience.
- MBA preferred
- Proven strong background of direct selling to customers and managing dealer/distributor relationship.
- Key industry contacts / relationships within assigned region and industry markets. Strong written, negotiation, and oral communication capabilities, including major presentations to high level internal/external contacts.
- Strong sales discipline and negotiation capabilities; strong interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with a strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Strong project management skills.
- Capable of managing a large territory and knowledgeable of assigned region.
- Highly self motivated and entrepreneurial (opportunity focused, results driven).
- Customer focused (proactively improves customer relations, responsive, identifies needs, monitors satisfaction).
- Change orientation (clear vision, sense of urgency, effective prioritization and adjustment of activities, effective time management, leverage of resources).
- Communication and collaboration (high level of proactive communication both written and oral, builds networks, collects and shares wisdom through training and experience.
- Passion (decisive, focused, and proactive drive for execution, raises the bar, independently implements solutions.
- Strategic Thinking (innovative approach to complex business challenges).
- Internal: Director, Product Managers, Customer Service, Technical Support, Field Application Engineer, AR Dept., Planning Team
- External: Customers, Dealers/Distributors
- High level of persuasion Other Requirements :
- 50% travel required
- May be required to wear protective gear when visiting customer/vendor work sites.
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic Industrial Devices Sales Company of America, a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, has a long, distinguished history of serving the North American manufacturing sector. Our aim is to support local manufacturing with products, technologies, and service that promote our customers' immediate and long-term goals. Our OEM industrial electronic components, subsystems and factory automation are geared to a diverse range of industries. ICD aims to achieve strategic partnerships, as well as support the development of North American manufacturing.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.