Supervises and coordinates the activities of distribution center employees. Job Responsibilities
- Supervises a group of team members in a designated department in a distribution center (DC). Monitors team members' productivity and work quality, and manages performance using the tools available including progress summaries, retraining, job performance assessment, performance improvement plan and other disciplinary actions as needed.
- Leads team members in a designated department and performs daily team member functions, including but not limited to picking, stocking, loading, and receiving. Motivates team members' performance for productivity and quality.
- Promotes a safe environment as well as meets safety requirements complying with company policies and regulations set forth by Walgreens and various government agencies concerning safety, environmental handling of products, packaging and any other related items.
- Monitors team members for compliance with Company policies, programs, procedures. Follows the guidelines of authorized, budgets, laws, and good business ethics. Ensures compliance with Safety Program requirements.
- Mentors team members through on-the-job training. Performs new team member department orientation, including completion of training checklists. Assists with 15 minute Observe, Coach, and Recognize (OCRs) sessions, as necessary.
- Creates a continuous improvement culture, actively participates in the LEAN initiatives in order to improve processes and continually drive out waste.
- With management direction, establishes, builds and cultivates morale and engagement of team members. Encourages team member participation in workplace activities and events.
- Recommends operational, and workforce activities and practices improvements to management, identifies necessary equipment and systems corrections within the area of responsibility.
- Maintains good working relationships and cooperates actively with all levels and areas of management to ensure that the objectives of the department and company are met.
- Communicates essential information to workforce to enforce divisional policies and guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years of experience in leading team projects in a warehousing/manufacturing environment, or United States Armed Forces or equivalent experience demonstrating leadership skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Willing to work rotating shifts.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree.
- Experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and training staff.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.