Group Supervisor - Orlando, FL Distribution Center (Job Number: 020606)
Orlando DC - 2455 PREMIER ROW
2455 PREMIER ROW
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Supervises and coordinates the activities of distribution center employees by performing the following duties. Job Responsibilities
- Supervises a group of team members in a designated department in a distribution center (DC). Monitors team members' productivity and work quality, and manages performance using the tools available including progress summaries, retraining, job performance assessment, performance improvement plan and other disciplinary actions as needed.
- Leads team members in a designated department and performs daily team member functions, including but not limited to picking, stocking, loading, and receiving. Motivates team members' performance for productivity and quality.
- Promotes a safe environment as well as meets safety requirements complying with company policies and regulations set forth by Walgreens and various government agencies concerning safety, environmental handling of products, packaging and any other related items.
- Monitors team members for compliance with Company policies, programs, procedures. Follows the guidelines of authorized, budgets, laws, and good business ethics. Ensures compliance with Safety Program requirements.
- Mentors team members through on-the-job training. Performs new team member department orientation, including completion of training checklists. Assists with 15 minute Observe, Coach, and Recognize (OCRs) sessions, as necessary.
- Creates a continuous improvement culture, actively participates in the LEAN initiatives in order to improve processes and continually drive out waste.
- With management direction, establishes, builds and cultivates morale and engagement of team members. Encourages team member participation in workplace activities and events.
- Recommends operational, and workforce activities and practices improvements to management, identifies necessary equipment and systems corrections within the area of responsibility.
- Maintains good working relationships and cooperates actively with all levels and areas of management to ensure that the objectives of the department and company are met.
- Communicates essential information to workforce to enforce divisional policies and guidelines.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years of experience in leading team projects in a warehousing/manufacturing environment, or United States Armed Forces or equivalent experience demonstrating leadership skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Willing to work rotating shifts.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
- At least 2 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.