Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Description: Summary of Position
The Group Coordinator is the part of the Operations/Service Team for Lake Powell Resort and Marina, Mesa Verde Far View Lodge, Togwotee Mountain Lodge. This position is within what is referred to as the Phoenix Groups Department.
The Groups Coordinator ensures all details that have been contracted between the client and the sales manager are correctly arranged for group arrival on property by entering the data into the several computer systems we utilize. This is a position heavy in data entry with critical thinking. A successful candidate would be extremely organized and have excellent time management skills. Essential Functions:
Primary duties of the Group Coordinator are to ensure all group paperwork is completed, requests are noted and updates are completed in a timely fashion in accordance with our policies and procedures. Group Coordinator must work closely with all departments involved in group itinerary (Hotel Front Desk, Food & Beverage, Tour department, client office and client's Tour Guide) Below is a list of duties the group coordinator must perform:
- Maintain electronic group folders using standardized naming convention and recognizing older versions vs newer versions of paperwork to send the correct one to the hotel staff
- Complete group manifest with accurate counts
- Communicates billing for groups or invoices client to collect payment and provide receipt
- Utilize accurate room block for group arrivals, pay close attention to room requests
- Involved in weekly conference calls for groups department
- Have comprehensive understanding of services and amenities that each property offers, along with group vs transient rates on services. Information on this should be quickly accessible, organized and up to date
- Ensure groups reservations, banquet checks, menus, guest quantities, taxes, special bill items, room requests and applicable discounts are set up correctly
- Participate in Aramark's Green Thread program by being aware of unnecessary printing and keeping files organized electronically
- Adhere to PCI compliance regulations
- Answer calls throughout work day, qualify the call and assist accordingly.
- All other duties assigned
- Preferred 2-5 years of hospitality experience
- Excellent conflict resolution skills; ability to anticipate needs
- Excellent guest services and leadership qualities
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office applications
- Comprehensive understanding of intermediate computer language a plus
- Able to read, write and understand the English language
- Must be able to multi-task and work with accuracy
- Excellent communication and writing skills required
- SMS Hotel Management System knowledge a plus
Computer/Printer, Copier/Fax Machine, Internet, Calculator, Telephone, SMS Management System, Scanner, Multiple Computer Monitors Travel Requirements:
Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements:
LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds Physical Requirements:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.