About the Position
Guggenheim Securities Investment Banking unit is seeking candidates to join its team for a 10 week Summer Associate Intern Program. This program offers an unparalleled opportunity to work as part of small client teams on major strategic assignments, providing meaningful exposure to senior bankers and client representatives. Candidates should be top performers who are willing to work hard in an unstructured environment where initiative, creativity, maturity and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued. We are seeking bright, highly motivated individuals with solid finance knowledge coupled with strong technical skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identifying, researching and analyzing M&A and financing opportunities
- Developing and maintaining complex financial models
- Completing and reviewing valuation analysis
- Researching company information and industry trends
- Performing client due diligence
- Preparing information memoranda and other transaction-related documentation
- Preparing and contributing to delivery of client presentations and interacting with senior bankers, clients, lawyers and accountants
- Managing and developing junior staff qualifications
- 2-5 years of work experience
- Core modeling and valuation experience
- Significant level of maturity and the ability to work as a team interfacing with top company executives and senior management
- Highly organized, with the initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective process management abilities
- Must be on track to receive a MBA in finance / economics or a related field from a top university
- Must be on track to graduate in either December 2017 or Spring 2018
- Must successfully pass a background check
About Guggenheim Securities
Guggenheim Securities is the investment banking and capital markets business of Guggenheim Partners, a global investment and advisory firm. Guggenheim Securities offers services that fall into four broad categories: Advisory, Financing, Sales and Trading, and Research. Guggenheim Securities is headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Chicago, Boston, Houston, Atlanta, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.